Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why the abortion debate is never black and white...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
    My hair is still migrating from my head to my back though...

You're right of course, the main actors in the anti-abortion lobby are not exactly motivated by humanitarian concern. It's all about imposing their will on women, especially women from lower economic demographics.
    I am glad you see that, these people are terrified of women gaining ground.

Comment

the more abortions the better IMO, we need population control, the less people on earth the better quality of life for everyone who's living

HOWEVER i actually agree with Limbaugh and other "pro-lifers" on birth control...if a woman wants birth control, then go to the store and buy it. as a tax payer i shouldnt have to pay for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nonitard View Post
        the more abortions the better IMO, we need population control, the less people on earth the better quality of life for everyone who's living

HOWEVER i actually agree with Limbaugh and other "pro-lifers" on birth control...if a woman wants birth control, then go to the store and buy it. as a tax payer i shouldnt have to pay for it.
        Under the plan that Limbaugh was prattling about it's the insurer that would pay. No tax money would go towards it at all.

Comment

I would rather pay for birth control, since the money taken from me is essentially the same whether government pays for it or not. And I highly doubt paying for BC would be more then for delivery, and pre/post natal care. And then for child's healthcare itself.

Comment

Moreover, the BC is actually cheap, its pills and condoms. Pills, when you actually come down to it, are extremely cheap to produce, its just that big pharma charges insane money for it. So I say let the insurance and pharma lobby duke it out.

Comment

I am pro choice as well my big problem is this:

When the man does not want the child but the woman does. The Father should have the right to opt out if she so chooses to go ahead and have the child. Freeing up the man from being liable for child support and disavowing all responsibility for a child he never consented to in the first place. It's only fair since a child consist of both an egg and a sperm. I believe that at least two out of three deadbeat dads wouldn't be on the hook if such a rule were on the books. But I doubt we will ever see such a law because women only want fairness when it comes to them.

Also the issue in the news was that the government wants to pass a mandate making it mandatory for private insurers to have to cover birth control. This is a clear over step of government power. The government does not have the authority to tell private companies what services hey have to supply to customers. Contraception is not even expensive these days, people waste money on all types of unneeded crap both are too cheap to pay for what they really need.
              Last edited by Boxingtech718v2; 03-15-2012, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nonitard View Post

I think if a woman really has a disability, or is trying to find a job and can't, we should help her out. . . My issue is with these blimped out broads who just sit around and do nothing all day, and look at govt. assistance as a way of life, rather than a temporary situation.

Comment

As far as the abortion debate, I find it insulting to my intelligence that we even have to debate the issue of whether or not a broad can't do make her own decision. . .

I do think that the father should have a say, not to the extent of "forcing" her to have the baby, but if he says he doesn't want to have the baby, he should be able to get out of child support.

That's all there is to it. . . Just like the entire gay rights/marriage debate - THERE IS NO DEBATE! It's insulting to my intelligence to have to debate about the RIGHTS OF SOMEBODY ELSE.

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
                    As far as the abortion debate, I find it insulting to my intelligence that we even have to debate the issue of whether or not a broad can't do make her own decision. . .

I do think that the father should have a say, not to the extent of "forcing" her to have the baby, but if he says he doesn't want to have the baby, he should be able to get out of child support.

That's all there is to it. . . Just like the entire gay rights/marriage debate - THERE IS NO DEBATE! It's insulting to my intelligence to have to debate about the RIGHTS OF SOMEBODY ELSE.
                    I don't get this no child support argument

If you don't want to pay child support then don't knock her up

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                      I don't get this no child support argument

If you don't want to pay child support then don't knock her up
                      I agree 100%, but it takes two. . . woman shouldn't have gotten knocked up. Woman gets choice to be a mom, so man should get choice to be a father. simple!

Comment

Working...
                      X