Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5'10 is toó big for 135 pounds, period.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
      Shut the **** up man. Most of mexicans fighters? And Ríos fought in 140 and 147 vs biggers guys like Diego Cháves.

Jose Luis Castillo Haha Haha...

Leo is a ****in skinny guy. He fought in 112 pounds when he was young. He is skinny.

And what about Gamboa in 126 pounds? He rehydrated to 145 pounds...

Rances is just a big guy for this weight.

Today he won a fight vs a midget
      So many excuse.

Isn't Gamboa he a 5'5 a midget fighting in 135 and he doesn't fight anymore in 126? And never weight in a 145 while fighting in 126 lol

Rios made his name fighting tiny guys a 135 his entire career, been garbage since he lost the weight advantage, same for Cesar Chavez Jr

Leo entire career have been fighting midgets ran out of the division scare of midget Rigo just to fight another 2 midgets one of them who also ran away scare of Rigo.

What about Canelo and his own weight class. Let see what happen when he doesn't have that weight advantage.

I'm sorry but Mexicans boxer love to fight smaller fighters and are call warriors.

Comment

i see too many butthurt.

Comment

Good win for Barthelemy.

People need to stop b*tching about the size. Yes, it was apparent, but if he can make the weight then he can make the weight. It's not like he's impossible to beat at lightweight because he's tall. It's an advantage to overcome, just like weight or speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
            Fair enough, but what about those stupid facial expressions he makes when he fights?

That alone makes me want to see him lose.
            Lmao Yeah, I can't help that. Lol I'm not crazy about the sounds he makes when throwing punches either. Haha

Comment

Originally posted by el_locoteee View Post
              Didn't Diego Corrales was consider a warrior even when was the same size and weight as Ranses. .
              Absolutely but you have to remember many on this site weren't watching boxing back then.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                Good win for Barthelemy.

People need to stop b*tching about the size. Yes, it was apparent, but if he can make the weight then he can make the weight. It's not like he's impossible to beat at lightweight because he's tall. It's an advantage to overcome, just like weight or speed.
                Haha I don't know why we're even debating this. There have been many champions and ATGs that enjoyed a height advantage. Like you pointed out, boxing is about making weight. That's what's supposed to level the playing field. Height helps, but the better fighter is the better fighter.

Comment

... as I said it here several times: guys from the "Cuban school" are the worst matchups for the guys from the "Russian school"...

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
                    Rances had a good fight but I always feel like he doesn't go for the kill when he's on another level than his opponents
                    ... That's the "Cuban style": minimalist at the extreme... We don't enjoy it much but they never change -- look at Rigo and Lara...

Comment

Originally posted by el_locoteee View Post
                      Didn't Diego Corrales was consider a warrior even when was the same size and weight as Ranses.
                      Originally posted by PBP. View Post
                      Absolutely but you have to remember many on this site weren't watching boxing back then.
                      P. Will was fighting at 147 at a height of 6'1".

Like I said earlier, the reported average height for 135-147 is 5'9". Bart and Chico are and were 5'10". A one inch height advantage isn't very much. It's Shafikov who's short, 5'5" like Gamboa. It's their decision to fight at the weight.

Comment

Working...
                      X