Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Postol Shocker, Knocks Out Lucas Matthysse For WBC Belt!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't see the fight Matthysse got knocked out by Postol who isn't a power puncher shocker great win for Postol

Comment

• What were the odds like for the fight? I didn't pay much attention.

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
      You created a thread quoting yourself seconds after the fight who does that? You couldn't have just said that in the other threads? Actually hold up I'm going to create a new thread quoting this post of mine you can reply there or better yet create another thread quoting your reply to my reply quote
      Loooooool.

Comment

• Congrats to Postol...homeboy stepped it up after those clinch warnings...Mathysse gave up, plain & simple...the man simply cannot deal with active boxers....looking forward to Postol vs Crawford!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cruisin' View Post
          damn kinda sad to see how matthysses career went he was my favorite prospect not long ago

eastern euros are working through every division in boxing
          Not quite, Broner just picked one off tonight.

Comment

• The hard Lucas lover always overrated him and that has caused a lot of people to hate him and underrate him.

This fight after round 6 was simply a small tired fighter frustrated by not being able to work(in legal and illegal ways, and yes he landed rabbit punches himself but 90% of them were pretty much Postol's fault with his excessive clinching) and mentally quitting once he knew he couldn't land and was starting to get hit with solid punches and hurt.

It was an extreme representation of most of his flaws, precipitated by the stage of his career right now, and a frustrating opponent for him.

As for those flaws:

Lucas is a 5'6' tops, not big for the division, and is not a physically strong guy, just a very good puncher, but he is not someone who can push you and drain you with physicality. He is not super athletic so he relies on a block and then work approach, which limits his activity, especially against busy guys with a reach advantage.
            His biggest flaw to me has always been that he is pretty fragile, when he gets hit wiht big punches, his body breaks down fast. His eyed got ****ed by a solid right from Vivian Harris, then his eye got ****ed by Garcia's left hook, and it probably got ****ed again with Postol.
            Against guys who can drain you physically, he has looked dead tired loads of times because he just doesn't have the kind of conditioning that other small guys like Tim Bradley have(probably shouldve hired a world class conditioning coach).

His demeanor is of a pretty calm guy who enjoys a quiet life, and doesn't like to get punched at all(another limitant to his activity) which is why he'd rather stay at a safe distance and try to block, and thus gets outworked at times, and sometimes backfires on him because, while he has a decent block, he can be overwhelmed.

so to summarize, a bit small, physically not that strong, not a great athlete, fragile, a bit too methodical, shells up at the wrong times sometimes, a bit too easygoing with his career to make serious sacrifices in order to get better training/conditioning.
            Last edited by -Hyperion-; 10-04-2015, 12:06 AM.

Comment

• Postol would've beat Garcia 12-0. Would a been insanely dirty beat-down.

Imam vs. Postol is 50-50

Comment

• Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
                u seriously need jesus. and postol ended the fight like a hero unlike floyd who does very little and cruises. postol threw more punches in the last few rounds than floyd does in 12 rounds. get a clue.
                I named my Frankenweenie Jesus, motherf**ker. You want Jesus in your anus?

Comment

• Wow

Very disappointed in Lucas... Definitely got to give due credit to Postol, he fought a heck of a fight. Just didn't see much of anything promising out of Matthysse. Don't know what he has left to look forward to... Maybe he can be Broner's first defense? I mean why not, Broner got a title fight fresh off getting his ass kicked.

Comment

• Originally posted by Showtime.. View Post
                    Postol would've beat Garcia 12-0. Would a been insanely dirty beat-down.

Imam vs. Postol is 50-50
                    Dannys camp knew Postol was dangerous and wanted no parts of him. That's why they ducked this fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Solitario View Post
                      That was definitely a war, but he was very much in that fight throughout and had the upper hand in most of the exchanges. But against Garcia and Postol, it seems like mental frustration got the better of him due to his inability to get into a rhythm + absorbing clean shots. In the rounds prior to the knockout, it seemed like he stopped trying like in the Garcia fight, and once he was dropped, he called it a day.
                      COMPLETELY AGREE.....I was thinking the same....

Comment

Working...
                      X