Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows virus targets Iran and causes damage in the physical world

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While PCs are doing kick ass cool shit like sending viruses to crazy despotic religious countries Macs are still loafing around Starbucks pretending they're writing a screenplay.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Maidana vs Rios View Post
        This article came out today. It's long as hell but also cool as hell.

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/201...-stuxnet/all/1

What's ****ed up though is that just by doing their jobs, these security experts unwittingly aided the Iranians in their quest for nukes. Because a country led by religious suicidal wackjob fanatics armed with nuclear weapons is exactly what this world needs.

Good read, it just shows you how far people can exploit windows.

Comment

Everyone I know who has a Mac feels the need to tell everyone how great it is.

Trying to justify that price tag.

Comment

Originally posted by iBreakbeat View Post
            Good read, it just shows you how far people can exploit windows.
            Any OS can be exploited. Hackers find a way. There's nothing magical about MacOS or Linux compared to Windows. Windows is just more popular, which makes it more targeted. If MacOS was the most popular, then it would be the most targeted. Same for Linux or any other OS.

Besides, the main target of Stuxnet was PLC's which don't use any of those OS'es.

Comment

Any OS can be exploited. Hackers find a way. There's nothing magical about MacOS or Linux compared to Windows. Windows is just more popular, which makes it more targeted. If MacOS was the most popular, then it would be the most targeted. Same for Linux or any other OS.

Besides, the main target of Stuxnet was PLC's which don't use any of those OS'es.

Don't start all that bollocks, the main vulnerability here was windows, it is less secure by design.

Popularity has nothing to do with security.

Comment

Originally posted by iBreakbeat View Post
                Don't start all that bollocks, the main vulnerability here was windows, it is less secure by design.

Popularity has nothing to do with security.
                bollocks, innit?

but srsly, if it's man-made, it has exploitable flaws. guaranteed. as far as I know, every OS on earth is man-made.

Comment

bollocks, innit?

but srsly, if it's man-made, it has exploitable flaws. guaranteed. as far as I know, every OS on earth is man-made.

If you're going to make a correlation between market percentage and viruses, then Mac OS X would have roughly 10% of the viruses then. Over 10 years of Mac OS X and no self propagating viruses ever.

Comment

Jesus Christ you're a broken record. Find a new god damn topic.

Nobody gives a single flying fuck about this accept you.

Know something a PC user can do that a mac user can't do? Shut the fuck up about what type of computer they use. Prove me wrong, jackass.

ps:
                    Last edited by Dirt E Gomez; 07-11-2011, 06:14 PM.

Comment

only thing i use my comp for is gaming (desktop) and school(laptop) both of which windows serves me better since pc is better for games and the programs i use for school are not compatible on mac. overpriced, useless crap macs are

ps

Comment

Working...
                      X