Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You gotta give Ward credit, out of these Canelo/GGG/Ward drama, he is the one...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Stark View Post
    ...that is looking good. He is actually moving up and fighting a killer in the next weight division and fighting them at the actual weight. I actually think Kovalev is going to KO him but Ward isn't making excuses or doing some sort of catchweight. He's fighting at that actual weight. Props to him, he's fighting the best at their weight while Canelo and GGG are b*tching like women. Shout out to Ward.
    He's moving up to fight Kovalev because out of all of those names, he's the most special fighter. Maybe not as explosively entertaining as Canelo, GGG and Kovalev. But special. The risk that he's taking against Kovalev without demanding any particular advantages is just an indicator as to how supremely confident he and his handlers are.

Comment

Its more likely he cant even make 168

Comment

But yet he don't get credit for it, instead he still gets bashed more than any other fighter in boxing today

Comment

...that is looking good. He is actually moving up and fighting a killer in the next weight division and fighting them at the actual weight. I actually think Kovalev is going to KO him but Ward isn't making excuses or doing some sort of catchweight. He's fighting at that actual weight. Props to him, he's fighting the best at their weight while Canelo and GGG are b*tching like women. Shout out to Ward.
          Ward could no longer comfortably make 168 so he moved to 175. How does that make him so courageous? He fought Smith at a 172 pound catchweight demanded by team Ward. He didn't jump into a fight with Kovalev and he has yet to sign the contract to fight him. He has already had one practice fight and will probably want at least one more practice fight before he actually fights Kovalev . You are giving him credit for something he hasn't done yet and may never do. GGG makes 160 with ease and has no reason to move to a weight class he doesn't belong in. He is a natural middleweight and not even a big middleweight. GGG wants to unify the middleweight title at the traditional and correct and legal 160 pounds. You saying he is b*tching like a woman just shows what a pathetic GGG hater you are. GGG is doing nothing wrong and everything right. GGG won't be losing a fight any time soon as bad as you want him to. I can't say the same for Ward if he ever does fight Kovalev.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
            Don't even try to say a middleweight, who is mandatory to the WBC, in a middleweight unification bout is "diva ****" because he actually wants to fight at middleweight. That's just terrible logic.

As for Ward, let's put it in context - 2013 Ward turned down a fight with Golovkin, straight up. Fast forward a couple years after Ward was MIA for a long time, has Roc nation contact K2 as they were finishing up a deal with Lemieux WITH the expectation of fighting their mandatory (Cotto/Canelo) after that, and saying they aren't interested in signing a fight at 168 for "sometime next year" on an unknown date as being anything close to being the same or diva-ish. Like I said before, the world doesn't stop for Andre Ward and all of Golovkins plans of unification go out the window for a guy who hadn't fought in two years, come on now.
            If you don't see the hypocrisy then that's on you being a fan boy. I don't like Canelo, GGG, or Ward but I can see hypocrites and flawed logic a mile away.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post
              Props to Ward for that. He's being very careful as far as having plenty of fights to ease his way into the division though. Alvarez/GGG probably ends up happening before the Ward/Kovalev fight.
              No way in hell. Not a chance.

Comment

Don't even try to say a middleweight, who is mandatory to the WBC, in a middleweight unification bout is "diva ****" because he actually wants to fight at middleweight. That's just terrible logic.

As for Ward, let's put it in context - 2013 Ward turned down a fight with Golovkin, straight up. Fast forward a couple years after Ward was MIA for a long time, has Roc nation contact K2 as they were finishing up a deal with Lemieux WITH the expectation of fighting their mandatory (Cotto/Canelo) after that, and saying they aren't interested in signing a fight at 168
                for "sometime next year" on an unknown date as being anything close to being the same or diva-ish. Like I said before, the world doesn't stop for Andre Ward and all of Golovkins plans of unification go out the window for a guy who hadn't fought in two years, come on now.
                Yeah just ignore that Golovkin and his team only wanted the fight at 164. Also Ward couldn't fight at all during his legal dispute so any offers to fight him during that period were nothing more than a smokescreen.

Comment

Like I said before, the world doesn't stop for Andre Ward and all of Golovkins plans of unification go out the window for a guy who hadn't fought in two years, come on now.
                  Golovkin not waiting for Ward is ducking doe.

Comment

Wait!
                    Ward doesn't fight Kovalev, you'll see...

Comment

To early to give Ward credit. He hasnt fought a live body in soon 5 years and the Kovalev fight is t certain yet.

Comment

Working...
                      X