Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What fight tape should Team Ortiz focus on for the Mayweather Fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problem with watching tape is, it want prepare you for fighter who adapts. he'll be studying to fight a mayweather that might not even show up. Floyd will personalize his game plan. ortiz will have to adapt .

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
      Giovani Segura vs Ivan Calderon 1 and 2
      Segura had the severe height advantage and the overwhelming reach advantage. Calderon is like 2 feet tall while Segura is 5 4.

Ortiz is 1 inch taller than Floyd. Floyd has the reach advantage over Ortiz.

Gotta get some one who's more even. Like Judah, Mosley, and Hatton.

Comment

Originally posted by MRMREC View Post
        So i just watched Castillo I, Hatton and Mosely. While I saw the same Mayweather in the Hatton and Mosely fight they were dominant wins. The Castillo fight was a tough fight for floyd, but he did NOT fight that way at all his more recent fights. Personally I vote for the mosely fight.
        others might think this is way too off but the ali vs foreman fight will show them strong but subtle strategies to fight on a higher level...........

all pbf opponents need to go up their fighting level to offer pbf, a master tactician, very stiff competition and maybe deal him his first "official" loss.......

Comment

I would say the Shane Mosley fight is the most relevant, because that was Floyd's last fight. It might be a waste of time studying a fight from 2002.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby 1991 View Post
            I would say the Shane Mosley fight is the most relevant, because that was Floyd's last fight. It might be a waste of time studying a fight from 2002.
            There is some truth to that, but I don't think stylistically he can take much from that fight.

I voted Castillo 1 of the options. Hatton is good for a similar reason, both these fights showed that you got to be mentally tough and impose your will on Floyd. You can't sit back thinking about the counter, because Floyd will pick you apart... got to get in, get rough, and punch with Floyd. I'd also take a peek at the Corley fight. Corley is not one of Floyd's better opponents, and yet he caught Floyd multiple times with the help of southpaw angles.

Comment

He should watch the Corley and Judah fights to see how Floyd fights against southpaws. But I don't know how well Ortiz can learn from them since Floyd adjusted by the 5th rnd in both fights.

That's pretty much how this fight is going to turn out anyway.

Comment

i don't think the castillo fights are a good suggestion to what they should focus on, floyd's improved over time as any fighter would. that's like saying mosley should've focused on the first morales bout against manny. yeah watch it, but don't expect to get the same mistakes. watch his recent fights even though they're not too recent. ortiz has to really give it his all, looking forward to coverage on all the training and stuff....

Comment

Ortiz should just wild swing and get some landed on floyds face.. Floyds chin is no steel, and old man made him do the noodle dance, then Ortiz might have a chance.

Comment

The Corley fight, those other options are weak, very weak.

Comment

None of them because early 2000's Floyd was aggressive and liked to fight

And the shane fight won't help because it was one shot that he landed it was a hail Mosley

And the garron fight will just show him that trying that crap will get you knocked and if I was Ortiz I wouldn't try it because he is prone to knock downs and Floyd is 100x the boxer perterson and Berto are so..

If anything he should look at his own fights and check his mistakes so he won't get beat rather then looking for floyds

Comment

Working...
                      X