Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the judges knew who they were voting for before they sat down tonight

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
      I had Ouma winning 5-4 1 even with at 10-8 for Ouma.
      I think this is the exact score I had which means I had Ouma up by two points. Awful decision. Ouma was never going to win no matter what he did. He could have knocked Vanes down twice in that ninth and then another two times in the last round and still lost.

Damn, he could have knocked Vanes down in every single round and nearly knocked him out in five of them and he still would have lost!

****ers! I fell particularly angry about this one because Ouma had really struggled in his career lately, and after getting a new coach, getting in shape more than he had been for a long time, he wins the fight even though he was a 10-1 underdog and then he gets screwed by the judges.

Man, I feel really bad for him. It's the type of loss, even though he won, that just ruins a fighters will and spirit to ever bother with boxing again. The opponent can't beat you so the only way they can win is to rob you blind. Sad, sad, sad stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
        I think this is the exact score I had which means I had Ouma up by two points. Awful decision. Ouma was never going to win no matter what he did. He could have knocked Vanes down twice in that ninth and then another two times in the last round and still lost.

Damn, he could have knocked Vanes down in every single round and nearly knocked him out in five of them and he still would have lost!

****ers! I fell particularly angry about this one because Ouma had really struggled in his career lately, and after getting a new coach, getting in shape more than he had been for a long time, he wins the fight even though he was a 10-1 underdog and then he gets screwed by the judges.

Man, I feel really bad for him. It's the type of loss, even though he won, that just ruins a fighters will and spirit to ever bother with boxing again. The opponent can't beat you so the only way they can win is to rob you blind. Sad, sad, sad stuff.
        My feelings exactly. As a boxing fan I feel really weak, nothing any of us could really do

Comment

Damn. I haven't seen this yet, but you guys are making it sound pretty bad.

Comment

Rewatced, still had Ouma winning.

Comment

I had Kasim winning by at least 2 points

Comment

I didn't keep a scorecard but i seen the fight and it seemed Vanes landed the cleaner longer punches

Comment

I had Ouma winning by a point because of the kd. 1 rd even, rd 9 was a 10-9 rd for Ouma or a 10-8 depending on how you want to score it so I had: 96-95 Ouma or 97-95 Ouma....

a draw could have been fair too I guess but the scores that the judges had were atrocious

Comment

Ouma won

Comment

Ouma by 1

but Vanes would have knocked him out if the fight was 12 rounds...

Comment

Working...
                      X