Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else worried that Dawsons might never be the same!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else worried that Dawsons might never be the same!

I like Dawson, so I won't say much about his performance last night, but it was bad, real bad.

Chad has always been a bit of a psychological oddity, but after last night I am worried.

Also, coming down in weight, and then getting knocked down several times by Ward, who couldn't even floor Allen Green....

I'm worried.

He'll be fine back at 175. That was the beauty of the risk he took with this fight. He can go back to his weight, say he was drained, which he was, and it will be like this never happened.

I don't expect any negative effect on him going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
      I like Dawson, so I won't say much about his performance last night, but it was bad, real bad.

Chad has always been a bit of a psychological oddity, but after last night I am worried.

Also, coming down in weight, and then getting knocked down several times by Ward, who couldn't even floor Allen Green....

I'm worried.
      He's never been the same because he is constantly switching trainers. In five years Dawson has had four different trainers.

Floyd Sr
      Eddie Muhammad
      Emanuel Steward
      John Scully

Just imagine if Ward dropped Virgil Hill as his trainer, and hired Freddie Roach, would he still be effective? I doubt it. That's what happens. His skills have slowly eroded year after year, he barley could beat a 47 year old boxer (Hopkins) who had no jab. He was setting up himself for a loss against Ward. Because Dawson is a really talented boxer when his head is on straight.
      Last edited by Boxingwizard; 09-09-2012, 06:26 AM.

Comment

He was never that great anyway. Just another product of the American hype machine. But I felt sorry for him last night. He was obviously weight drained and that showed by him getting put on the canvas by a feather fisted fighter. Dawson needs to slowly build up to CW. Taking the fight at SM was a huge mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by timbatron View Post
          He was never that great anyway. Just another product of the American hype machine. But I felt sorry for him last night. He was obviously weight drained and that showed by him getting put on the canvas by a feather fisted fighter. Dawson needs to slowly build up to CW. Taking the fight at SM was a huge mistake.
          totally agree

dawson has taken punches from adamek and pascal and not hit the canvas. yet a powder puff hitter like ward dropped a couple of times???

naaaah to me that reeks of a fighter being weakened - its his own stupid fault but he was weakened with having to make the weight.

Comment

Quitting changes fighters ... no need to worry ... it's set in stone he will never be the same

Comment

Originally posted by hookoutofhell View Post
              totally agree

dawson has taken punches from adamek and pascal and not hit the canvas. yet a powder puff hitter like ward dropped a couple of times???

naaaah to me that reeks of a fighter being weakened - its his own stupid fault but he was weakened with having to make the weight.
              His foot was glued to the canvas, no lateral movement, no speed or snap in his punches, what's worse is that he was getting hit by every punch that Ward threw. He says he had a great training camp, I doubt it. His corner looked lost and Scully didn't prepare Dawson properly for Ward. Like I said in my previous post his skills are slowly eroding. The positive is that the only thing for Dawson now is to improve, and that means a new team.
              Last edited by Boxingwizard; 09-09-2012, 06:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                Nah. He'll be the same "psychological oddity" he has always been. He's nappy headed, allright, but definetely not a basket case like Kermit Cintron, for example.

Comment

Working...
                X