Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Ward: “I think Manny Pacquiao has a great legacy, but we got to be honest about

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    If you don't like what ward said cool. I get that. But look at some of these responses in this thread.

The posters that suggest changing their opinion of the dawson fight because he criticized manny are utterly disgraceful. What does what he said have to do with evaluating the quality of a previous ward fight?

The whining in the gif thread about making fun of him was bad enough but this is crazy.

How dare he criticize manny. Hahaha FUUUUKKKKKKkCCCKKKKkKKk YOOOOOUUUU!
    But what's powerful about all this is that they don't see it. And any attempt to point out their lunacy is met with extreme resistance. I don't get being so into Manny you'll actually mentally rewrite history surrounding the Dawson match-up. But I've suspected for a long time that the level of their resistance is commensurate with their own self-esteem. Manny is their god and hero, so the minute he takes any criticisms no matter how benign it shakes their entire world.

That's not a healthy mindset, to live vicariously through a fighter, because they all have flaws and the more elaborate the attempt to cover up those faulties the closer we are to the truth about their lives. They need Manny as much or more than an orphan needs a home.

Comment

• DLH did that to himself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
        But what's powerful about all this is that they don't see it. And any attempt to point out their lunacy is met with extreme resistance. I don't get being so into Manny you'll actually mentally rewrite history surrounding the Dawson match-up. But I've suspected for a long time that the level of their resistance is commensurate with their own self-esteem. Manny is their god and hero, so the minute he takes any criticisms no matter how benign it shakes their entire world.

That's not a healthy mindset, to live vicariously through a fighter, because they all have flaws and the more elaborate the attempt to cover up those faulties the closer we are to the truth about their lives. They need Manny as much or more than an orphan needs a home.
        You cats are taking this waaay out into left field and as usual miss the whole point entirely...

Point is he's being a hypocrite here.

He starts off good with saying Manny Pacquaio has a great legacy. He should have left it there, but no.

He's continues on to ultimately take a s**t on him regarding catchweight fights, a tactful s**t, but a s**t nonetheless...when he himself, mayweather, and just about every top fighter has at least one under their belt.

This coming from a cat who can't seem to fight out of Oakland, Calif, or put on an exciting fight if his life depended on it...

Comment

• Come on now Andre...

Comment

• damn old #$$ article...this 2014 son! Ward aint hating he just saying what he feels. he know pac is still great

Comment

• Originally posted by djtmal View Post
              You cats are taking this waaay out into left field and as usual miss the whole point entirely...

Point is he's being a hypocrite here.

He starts off good with saying Manny Pacquaio has a great legacy. He should have left it there, but no.

He's continues on to ultimately take a s**t on him regarding catchweight fights, a tactful s**t, but a s**t nonetheless...when he himself, mayweather, and just about every top fighter has at least one under their belt.

This coming from a cat who can't seem to fight out of Oakland, Calif, or put on an exciting fight if his life depended on it...
              Oh I see, he has an opinion about the holy and humble Pacquiao so now he can't fight out of Oakland? He should have stopped where he gave Manny compliments but anything else is unauthorized and opens him up to dumb ass criticism? Am I reading your post right?

Comment

• Andre ward will never be an ATG. Quite frankly nobody in boxing deserves to be in the same sentence with pacquiao and mayweather besides maybe hopkins. he's an ATG.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                  I had thought the DLH fight was at 145 CW, but yeah, it was at 147, DLH just came in at 145. Still, I don't think it mattered whether it was 145 or 147, the Cotto fight wasn't close and 2lbs wasn't going to bridge the chasm (ditto FMJ-Canelo).

Yeah, who knows what would have happened, what I do know is that team Pacman need the catchweight the 1st time and wanted a catchweight the 2nd time.

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                  He never intended to go to welter, just got an offer he couldn't refuse vs a guy coming down himself. Both guys had to give, Pac a lot more. It's not like DLH was a champ or even contender at welter.
                  Yeah, well I guess I'll just take your word for it cause I don't have inside info on what their team had planned. All I know is that they fought at 147 before and after Cotto.

Comment

• Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                    DLH did that to himself.
                    No. he did not beat himself up. Manny beat him up. The only thing DLH did was quit!

Comment

• Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                      He went down to fight Hatton at 140, then up to fight Cotto?

Btw, this site is becoming difficult to use with redirects and popups, anyone else having this issue?
                      Easy. Download Firefox http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/ and install then go to this link https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...dl-mostpopular

Click Add to Firefox. From now own you should use firefox for web browsing.
                      Last edited by straightleft; 01-06-2014, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X