Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rewatched Floyd-Jmm and i have never seen Jmm look so lost

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd made him lead and countered him perfectly. Even when Floyd lead, he was too fast for Marquez to effectively counter him. The worst fight, stylistically, for JMM. Mayweather neutralized his strengths and made him use his weaknesses, from the first bell.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
      Margarito without his loaded gloves is just a tall, slow, no defense Malignaggi.
      Name one meaningful fight he won after he got caught red handed, and destroyed by a shot to pieces Mosley. Name one, JUST ONE....I'm waiting.
      actually he had good power...if you look at the pacquiao fight he hurt manny to the body when he got him on the ropes....manny said he was lucky to get out of that round...pac even had to spent 2 weeks in bed with bruised ribs due to margos body puching...so to say margo didn't have any power after he got caught with "plaster" is quite ignorant...

also margarito was going against fighters who knew how to deal with pressure fighter's (shane and manny excellent against pressure fighters)...and by the time he got the cotto rematch he was terribly shot...

Comment

• Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
        Margarito without his loaded gloves is just a tall, slow, no defense Malignaggi.
        Name one meaningful fight he won after he got caught red handed, and destroyed by a shot to pieces Mosley. Name one, JUST ONE....I'm waiting.
        Malignaggi?

What?

Comment

• Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
          it's pretty simple really. JMM is a counter puncher, that's what he does best. Against floyd, he was forced to be the aggressor and that's not really his game at all, especially against an even better counter puncher in floyd. Stylistically, that's the worst possible fight for JMM. That's why Marquez looks so great against Pac. Pac is the aggressor and that's what JMM wants and shines against.
          And therein lies the key. Floyd took away anything he wanted to do and it's why Marquez looked like a fish out of water.

Even with the two-year layoff, I thought Floyd would beat Marquez up, although I began seeing it as a much closer fight as the day came near and posters I respected began the "don't sleep on JMM" talk. Not to mention the postponement when Mayweather suffered the rib injury. I didn't view this as anything other than a decent win when it occurred but over time it looms large.

Comment

• Originally posted by $ j-210 $ View Post
            actually he had good power...if you look at the pacquiao fight he hurt manny to the body when he got him on the ropes....manny said he was lucky to get out of that round...pac even had to spent 2 weeks in bed with bruised ribs due to margos body puching...so to say margo didn't have any power after he got caught with "plaster" is quite ignorant...

also margarito was going against fighters who knew how to deal with pressure fighter's (shane and manny excellent against pressure fighters)...and by the time he got the cotto rematch he was terribly shot...

Comment

• not really........

Comment

Working...
              X