Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Khan proved himself on a world level?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Khan has not proved himself at world level as far as I am concerned. Kotelnik is a good journeyman and gate keeper level. Malignaggi is a level up but IMO Bradley and Alexander are world class and none of Khan's fights so far make me think he can live with them.
    He is very good at what he does well but does not have a complete game. His in fighting skills are woeful but will only be exposed by good fighters. Barry McGuigan pointed out these deficiencies and told him if he were fighting him he would be looking to get inside to do the damage and Khan needed to develop infighting skills otherwise he will be in trouble at world level. This is something Roach should have been working on but it seems to me that Roach has improved what he was good at and has adopted a policy of cherry picking oponents that won't expose him instead of working on his weaknesses. You need a complete game to be truly world class and with Khan I see a flashy vaneer.
    There is no question he is very talented but his chin is too fragile and we have yet to see him in a hard grueling fight where we can see how robust he is. He is very fit but we have not seen him in a grueling slug fest.
    Khan has world class publicity, support base and hype. But he looks more illusion to me than real deal.

Comment

Working...
    X