No announcement yet.

It was very close

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was very close

Some posters have taken to citing the press row scoring in the Ward vs Kovalev fight as proof the judges got it wrong.

"Look how many scored it for Kovalev" they say.

What they aren't also mentioning is how close everyone had it.

44 ringside observers (press, experts, etc) saw Kovalev winning. Of those 44:

20 had it 115-112 (meaning they had it 7 rounds to 5 Sergei).

3 had it 115-113 (meaning they gave 6 rounds to Sergei, 5 to Ward and had one even with the KD creating the extra point difference).

14 had it 114-113 (meaning they gave each fighter 6 rounds).

How can anyone interpret this as anything else but as a very close bout?

And, knowing it was THAT close, shouldn't it make sense that the judges might have seen things that escaped viewers with a slightly poorer vantage point?

After all, in another thread it was pointed out how Lampley was seeing missed punches as landed ones. Clearly, others could have made similar mistakes.

Citing the many press row scores is actually proof of exactly how close it was.

Proof that the decision WAS NOT a robbery.

It's the Mayweather effect. They're dying to see him lose. You wave it under their noses like that and take it away, they go ape shyt.
    Must suck to want, no NEED, to see a guy lose. Gotta eat you up inside.
    Last edited by Redd Foxx; 12-06-2016, 10:22 PM.

Comment

People have agendas..pretty simple..just look at the posters going crazy over it and look at their past posts and their online agendas..they are either obvious trolls or post with a clear racial agenda...

Comment

Comment

If you say it enough times they think it becomes true. People on here actually believe Pacquiao beat Floyd. This is the exact same concept.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            It's the Mayweather effect. They're dying to see him lose. You wave it under their noses like that and take it away, they go ape shyt.
            Must suck to want, no NEED, to see a guy lose. Gotta eat you up inside.
            I remember when I was under that spell. Then I came to respect the guy even if I didn't agree with **** he did.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
              I remember when I was under that spell. Then I came to respect the guy even if I didn't agree with **** he did.
              Same. I took the bait. Feels good to admit it now. When I realized the attitude was part of the show, and the reason he wasn't losing was because he was the real deal, I learned to appreciate the guy, even if I didn't necessarily "like" him.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                Same. I took the bait. Feels good to admit it now. When I realized the attitude was part of the show, and the reason he wasn't losing was because he was the real deal, I learned to appreciate the guy, even if I didn't necessarily "like" him.
                I should clarify that I respected what he did in the ring not outside of it. We always have to have some clarification around here cause you know they're quick to label you and ****. Next thing you know someone would be on here calling me a woman beater cause I respected Mayweather...

Comment

Very close fight, fight night i scored for KOvalev rewatch i scored Ward

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                    I should clarify that I respected what he did in the ring not outside of it. We always have to have some clarification around here cause you know they're quick to label you and ****. Next thing you know someone would be on here calling me a woman beater cause I respected Mayweather...
                    You woman beater, you!

But seriously, I'm more mad at Floyd for having that damn needle in his arm than for beating that woman. We need to remember these guys aren't saints or role models, they're dudes that punch each other in the face for a living. The spousal abuse tarnishes him as a person, the IV scandal tarnishes him as a boxer. As a boxing fan, I'm more interested in him as a boxer.

And to be fair, Manny defrauded us all as well with that shoulder injury crap. Don't go signing the paper saying everything's all good, then cry like a b itch when you get your ass schooled in the ring. (Even if some people say Manny won if you watch in slow motion with the sound off). It's good to have boxers that have integrity and are good role models, but we need to keep everything in perspective. They fight for a living, they're not our mayor or our preacher.

Comment

Working...
                    X