Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Kell Brook the biggest and strongest 147lber?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kell is massive, though Porter looked stronger than him, especially during the early rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
      Not saying you're wrong but I don't think Thurman is a big welterweight by any stretch.
      I think that Thurman's a very big Welterweight but he's not the type of fighter to use that weight

Comment

Originally posted by Greed. View Post
        Kell is massive, though Porter looked stronger than him, especially during the early rounds.
        Completely agree, I thought Porter manhandled him at times during the first 6/7 rounds

Comment

Originally posted by toshmurph View Post
          Completely agree, I thought Porter manhandled him at times during the first 6/7 rounds
          lulz what?

Brook wasn't "manhandled" at all during the fight.

somebody has been drinking that Jim Watt water. Porter was the one being handled.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            lulz what?

Brook wasn't "manhandled" at all during the fight.

somebody has been drinking that Jim Watt water. Porter was the one being handled.
            I don't really want to argue since kell is in your profile pic so you won't want to hear it but porter did come on strong in the early rounds and his strength was a problem for brook initially. But eventually porter got tired and brook went to work.

Comment

I say Maidana and Thurman are bigger and more powerful.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostBlade View Post
                I say Maidana and Thurman are bigger and more powerful.
                This. As overhyped as thurman is I would say he is bigger and stronger. But thurman can be stopped due to his lacking defence.

Comment

Originally posted by Wuckoo View Post
                  I don't really want to argue since kell is in your profile pic so you won't want to hear it but porter did come on strong in the early rounds and his strength was a problem for brook initially. But eventually porter got tired and brook went to work.
                  There's nothing to argue about. Unless you're a kid. This is a boxing forum where we discuss boxing.

I'd like to know where Kell was manhandled in the fight? Because to me it seemed like he held his own perfectly fine and Porter walked on to a chocolate brownie right hand at the end of round 1 which wobbled him. After that he wasn't going to rush in like he did earlier in the round.

All the fans, Porter and Brook fans, on this board were pretty much in agreement that after 6 rounds it was 4-2 Brook or 5-1-1.

Anyways, show me where Brook was manhandled.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                    There's nothing to argue about. Unless you're a kid. This is a boxing forum where we discuss boxing.

I'd like to know where Kell was manhandled in the fight? Because to me it seemed like he held his own perfectly fine and Porter walked on to a chocolate brownie right hand at the end of round 1 which wobbled him. After that he wasn't going to rush in like he did earlier in the round.

All the fans, Porter and Brook fans, on this board were pretty much in agreement that after 6 rounds it was 4-2 Brook or 5-1-1.

Anyways, show me where Brook was manhandled.
                    I'm not disputing that kell won cleanly in the later rounds, I even said that porter started to fade while brook took control. I don 'to believe that either "manhandled" the other. If we are talking about boxing like you want to then I'm saying kell outBOXED porter but it wasn't like either was bullying the other around the ring. Porter is very strong but so is brook. Hence, it never devolved into one shoving the other about. Instead brook would clinch then move out to box him from range. But it wasn't a shutout. It was a competitive but ugly fight wherein brook won.

Comment

Originally posted by JackTheLad View Post
                      He can't have been 165 or over lastnight because the ibf don't let you go 10lbs over the weigh in limit.
                      That limit is for the weigh in on the morning of fight day.

Comment

Working...
                      X