Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mikey Garcia is so boring, last night I turned off my TV half way through the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    i've never said that i find lara and rigondeaux boring. i've said that their styles don't have an appeal for the networks, casual spectators, etc.

i'd pay money to go to a lara or a rigondeaux fight if they came to my neck of the woods.

garcia came forward for much of the fight last night, and doesn't fight much liek those two anyway.

i dont' think you even watch boxing most of the time, bro. i think you just talk about in with your bscene app for the android phone.

i think you just want to find that i'm biased against cubans, because i'm so regularly explaining why they won't get far with the networks or promotors. it ends up with you putting words in my mouth, because that's the onyl way you'll find me biased towards cubans, or anybody else.

i'm only being realistic when i say that a cuban counterpuncher without a fan friendly style has it tougher than a mexican counterpuncher without a fan friendly style.

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
      I think this is a first for me, I even managed to watch Pascal vs Bute until the end. There is something about Mikey's style that I can't stomach. Anybody else feels the same way?

He might still be able to beat Gamboa, cause Gammboa's too bloated and inactive but I cannot watch Mikey fight another round. He's efficient, he's effective, he's a very good technician and tactician, but maybe he's too fundamental for my liking. Kind of like Tim Duncan.
      That was a terrible fight.

Comment

Can't wait for Gamboa to make Garcia look like another over hyped Top Rank fighter. Arum won't make the fight he doesn't want another of his cash cow get slaughter by another Cuban jackal.

Last nights fights both HBO and Showtime were terrible. I ended up watching Saturday Night Live smh

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
          Mikey is a great boxer/tactician but everything he does is textbook. Sure it works for him but there's little entertainment value unless you're a fan of the chess aspect of the sport.
          That is what makes him so boring, he is robotic in his approach and shows no urgency its just another day of him getting the job done.

Comment

I think part of the 'problem' is related to the fact that he does pick off punches rather than slip them. Much of the time he seems preoccupied with nullifying the other guy's offense rather than creating openings for his own.

That doesn't mean he has to be a blood-and-guts warrior who trades, but too many times for my taste he'd spent 30 seconds picking off or sitting back and then throw two punches, land them, but settle back into a more defensive stance rather than follow up his advantage.

He was dominant against a good fighter, but he's not a guy I'd pay to see fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef99 View Post
              Floyd Mayweather and Guillermo Rigondeaux are amongst your favourites.
              Haha nicely spotted, guy is moaning about Mikey Garcia wanting to box smart but he can appreciate it when Rigo or Floyd does it?

Just saying my opinion but it kind of makes him come across as a poser, in other words wanting to fit in with a crowd... no?

Ah well I know this much everyone can have a boring fight but Rigo recently has been renowned for it and Floyd always goes 12rounds.

Comment

Working...
              X