No announcement yet.

Which ATG fell from the top the quickest

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GeneralZod View Post
    Sonny Liston, finally got his moment and KO'd Floyd twice in the first round and lost it on his second defense.
    Good choice. Liston went from being called one of the greatest ever to being blacklisted from boxing in a relatively short time.

Comment

if i'm correct i believe Jake LaMotta lost his strap in his first defense against Sugar Ray after all his work for it.

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralZod View Post
        if i'm correct i believe Jake LaMotta lost his strap in his first defense against Sugar Ray after all his work for it.
        Robinson was his second defense I believe. His first was over a French fighter whose name escapes me. Lamotta was losing the fight and knocked the guy out with 15 seconds left.

Comment

Originally posted by K-DOGG View Post
          Robinson was his second defense I believe. His first was over a French fighter whose name escapes me. Lamotta was losing the fight and knocked the guy out with 15 seconds left.
          I think the name your're looking for is Laurent Dauthuille.

/greeh

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
            Which ATG fell from the top the quickest,,,

my vote would be roy jones,,, he was in the running for the GOAT after the ruiz fight in spring of 2003, by end of 2004 he was shot and never had another big win.....
            I vote for Les Darcy, I can't think of another guy who went from prime to dead in a matter of a few weeks, that is about as far as one can fall. Also he is my vote for the biggest tragedy in the history of the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
              liston, foreman, tyson, all are good posts,,

but for the life of me have never seen a guy with roy's status fall completely into a blackhole and never win a meaningful fight again.....

the dude went from hero to zero in less than a year
              Maybe that's why he's still fighting today about once a year.

Comment

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
                I vote for Les Darcy, I can't think of another guy who went from prime to dead in a matter of a few weeks, that is about as far as one can fall. Also he is my vote for the biggest tragedy in the history of the sport.
                Well at least he avenged all of his losses. Not many boxers were able to beat everyone they fought, that I've heard of.

Comment

Originally posted by greeh View Post
                  I think the name your're looking for is Laurent Dauthuille.

/greeh
                  Thank you greeh.

My sometimers kicked in. Sometimes I remember, sometimes I don't.

Comment

Working...
                  X