No announcement yet.

Just rewatched Maidana vs Khan...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    The samething was said before their first fight, people even made sigs of Khan landing 250 odd punches and Maidana landing only 1 punch which result in a KO win for Maidana, talk is cheap and what happens in the ring is what matters most. and as of now that same china chin Khan still has a W over the banger.
    Yes, many many years ago, Maidana didn't have a world class trainer, access to high quality sparring, or as much experience with top level opponents as he does now. Maidana has all of that and is relentless. Khan wouldn't stand a chance against el chino in a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
      Yes, many many years ago, Maidana didn't have a world class trainer, access to high quality sparring, or as much experience with top level opponents as he does now. Maidana has all of that and is relentless. Khan wouldn't stand a chance against el chino in a rematch.
      Come on.

This is EXACTLY what was said for the first fight. As far as I remember he had Miguel Diaz before, right? Pretty good trainer if you ask me.

I honestly don't see the HUGE improvements Maidana has done since fighting Khan. He tries to box a little more, but that would be a bad idea against Khan anyway. Khan was 22 or something at the time, now he's a grown man who can bully himself.

Comment

Maidana will destroy Khan in a rematch.

Comment

Maidana impressed me against Floyd and Broner. The jab to the body set up Broner with some murderous shots. That was his best fight to date. He did good against Floyd but came out to hard at the beginning and couldn't keep up the pace.

Khan looked great against Collazo but his other fights with Hunter weren't as great even though it does take time to adjust. Not everybody clicks like Roach-Cotto.

This rematch needs to happen next whether Maidana wins or loses. I think it's still a 50/50 fight. I just don't know if Khan is the same as he was with Roach. Collazo just came out head hunting expecting to walk through Khan and it backfired. Maidana would mix it up.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            Come on.

This is EXACTLY what was said for the first fight. As far as I remember he had Miguel Diaz before, right? Pretty good trainer if you ask me.

I honestly don't see the HUGE improvements Maidana has done since fighting Khan. He tries to box a little more, but that would be a bad idea against Khan anyway. Khan was 22 or something at the time, now he's a grown man who can bully himself.
            Maidana was an unconditioned, plodding brawler back then. He's developed better boxing skills and has better stamina. Khan would be running from the opening bell the second time.

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
              I agree with this.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                Maidana's best ever wins are losses
                you killed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lullaby View Post
                  you killed it.
                  Khans best win is Maidana.

Comment

Working...
                  X