Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people say Bob Arum is Pacquiao's puppet master yet they like Al Haymon?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeThaTruth View Post
    Haymon is extremely intelligent. That is exactly why he stays behind the curtains, its almost like he doesn't exist. Haymon sees the backlash caused by the blocking of the Rigo fight and most likely allowed LSC to blame it on him because it is harder to hate someone who is hardly known by the public. Calculated move................or Santa Cruz is now being spanked by Haymon for speaking his name
    good point

Comment

Originally posted by mortal7 View Post
      That's BS. Haymon has plenty supporters on here. "He gets fighters paid." "He cares for his fighters." You just are denying an issue to avoid the double standards that people have on here.
      hitler was a good public speaker, great in fact. i can recognize that despite him being a monster even he had some good qualities, it most certainly doesnt make me a fan of his.

haymon has done good things for boxing and the fighters in the sport, thats a fact. the bad things he has done doesnt make that go away and he does deserve some credit for the positive things he has done. that said the negative outweighs the positive in most peoples mind, definitely in mine. hence all in all i dont like his presence in the sport, again like most people. have to give credit where credit is due though, these fighters worked hard to perfect their craft and take massive risks with their lives in the ring. they deserve to get paid properly and the fact that they are is a good thing.

Comment

And to answer TS's question, it's probably because Al Haymon is a manager who's job is to pretty much keep his fighters undefeated and getting paid. Bob Arum is a promoter who's job is to put on the fights we want to see. Even though Haymon sort of does the same thing the promoters get scrutinized more.

Comment

All promoters are puppet masters. To what degree varies. I can't say I like or hate any of them, they're just a "necessary evil" of pro boxing. Frank Warren, Don King, Bob Arum, Rock Newman, Al Haymon (I don't know much about this guy), all seem to have done some good and bad things in the sport. They can get guys paid, give fights we want to see and on occasion stop them from happening. How long fighters put up with the crap is another issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Marvellous1 View Post
            All promoters are puppet masters. To what degree varies. I can't say I like or hate any of them, they're just a "necessary evil" of pro boxing. Frank Warren, Don King, Bob Arum, Rock Newman, Al Haymon (I don't know much about this guy), all seem to have done some good and bad things in the sport. They can get guys paid, give fights we want to see and on occasion stop them from happening. How long fighters put up with the crap is another issue.
            So, you're basically saying the rules should apply to everyone and the fact people who like a certain adviser and hates another are hypocritical morons that don't see the double standards?

Comment

Broner is on his third tuneup fight. If Arum happens to be his promoter, the floboner nation would be all over him.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                Manny fans make up the bulk of the forum.

You did the same thing in your liking Manny thread. You take any criticism of Manny as hate. That's your issue and not reality.

Bob has a significantly larger sample set from which judgment is based on. Posters tend not to like Haymon simply because of how he has elevated Floyd.

Both have done good things and bad. Both have been criticized.
                Manny fans make up the bulk of the forum, but Floyd fans use the most alts, so it evens out.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                  I'm sorry when did people become fans of promoters and advisers?
                  its annoying who gives a fk!!!!!!!????????

Comment

Working...
                  X