Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you tip a bartender who is giving you free drinks?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you tip a bartender who is giving you free drinks?

Lets say a beer is 5 bucks a pint. And a certain shot is 8 bucks

You have 10 pints and 4 shots that is a 82 buck tab.

He charges you for 3 beers and 1 shot, tab is 23 bucks. What is an appropriate tip for him hooking you up for free drinks?

nothing. tipping him extra would defeat the purpose of free drinks.

Comment

Originally posted by Texanballer View Post
      Lets say a beer is 5 bucks a pint. And a certain shot is 8 bucks

You have 10 pints and 4 shots that is a 82 buck tab.

He charges you for 3 beers and 1 shot, tab is 23 bucks. What is an appropriate tip for him hooking you up for free drinks?
      tip him for how many drinks he gave you total with a little bit extra.

tip is for service not for how much your tab is.

Comment

If its a male bartender nothing

If its a female bartender at least $20 dollars

Comment

$59 bucks

Comment

put some change and a couple of dollars in a tip jar that has money already in it. He has no idea what you put in.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
              $59 bucks
              why $59 lol!

Comment

A Rockin' rule of thumb: If the bartender throws a deal like that at you then you tip him heavy $50-$60. You come back again, if he rolls you the same then tip him heavy and you've found yourself a bartender. It will easily pay off in the long run for you if you frequent that establishment...... Rockin'
                Last edited by Rockin'; 03-02-2013, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                  A Rockin' rule of thumb: If the bartender throws a deal like that at you then you tip him heavy $50-$60. You come back again, if he rolls you the same then tip him heavy and you've found yourself a bartender. It will easily pay off in the long run for you if you frequent that establishment...... Rockin'
                  this.

you dont tip a badass bartender chump change.

you want to be that guy that the bartender recognizes yellin "yooooooooo!".

and if u got a chick with you best believe he will make that drank extra strong to get that chick fcked up so you can take her home.

my homies a bartender. everytime i take a chick to that specific bar i have a 90% chance of gettin laid that night.

i usually tip 10-20 bucks. and thats maybe on a 120 dollar tab turned into 50 bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post
                    i usually tip 10-20 bucks. and thats maybe on a 120 dollar tab turned into 50 bucks.
                    $10-$20 on a $50 tab reduced from $120? He could have just charged you in full to get a tip like that. You won't be that bartenders priority in the future unless he is a friend of yours.........Rockin'

Comment

Working...
                    X