No announcement yet.

Is Wlad the greatest of all times?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drenlou View Post
    Sam peters almost knocked him out as well, emanuelle got him and turned him totally around for the best..wlad now hits and holds.. i dont think that would be good enough to beat the heavyweights of the 90's especially with the style he implements now.. it sure sure is good enough to beat the hws of today doe. I think vitali is a better fighter imo
    I'd say so. He's certainly excellent at what he does, it's just that what he does is far from being excellent.

Comment

the guy that made this thread should delete his account

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        OK i'll break it down for you then, they were heavyweights at the time they fought. 175lbs and above was considered heavyweights. Just because they decided to make a new weightclass doesn't take away from their resume. It's only your twisted mind that thinks so.

Louis fought guys 180lbs and guys who were 250lbs.

Once again, if they made a 230 heavyweight limit and a super heavy limit for the above 230lbs, you'd wipe out 90% of Wlad's and Vitali's resume and then I could sit here and say they hardly ever fought any heavyweights

That's so ******ed.

And I never said they weren't good wins, I'm just saying they weren't real heavyweights. Or should I put up Vitali's video from the weigh in: "Haye is not real heavyweight" ?

Byrd fought as a lightwelterweight - that's what I said. He used to be freaking 141 lbs. He ate his way to 210.

Evander Holyfield was always considered a small guy, a small heavyweight and not a true heavyweight when he fought - so why should that change now?

He only moved up to heavy for the money - you would know that if you followed boxing at the time, which you didn't obviously.

But he'll be remembered as a heavyweight because that's where he had his most memorable fights.

Anyways, I'm not going to respond to your boring, same shyt trolling.
        This entire response LAced Up contained only 1 principle of yours to answer to that in any way detracts from what I said.

That those sub200 opponents of past greats were real HW's because the definition of a HW was less than 200lbs then as well.

That's fine. They were HW's back then. But compared to the modern definition, which is the definition we apply when comparing to modern HW's today, they were less than 200 and thus, not HW's.

On the contrary, it is extremely ******ed to consider them HW's today.

And when the limit changes the records of all the opponents on previous classes have to be adjusted to the new definitions when making an up to date comparison. Same as we adjust monetary values when considering inflation comparing to prices in the past. And even the example of Holyfield you gave yourself.

Louis's resume would be mostly a Cruiserweight resume today and partially a HW one. David Haye's resume would be a total 30+ fight HW resume back then with only 2 losses.

That's just how it is.

But according to you, Louis is a real HW and Haye is not.

Even though Haye is twice the size of Louis.

Remarkable logic. Truly remarkable.

You dunce!

Comment

I just dont see that...lewis would of beat him, bowe,foreman, douglas who fought tyson maybe even holyfield a prime one at that...to me i think wlad would have had hard times with guys like golota, morrison, shultz, moorer to be honest he would win these fights but would be tossups against the first group of fighters i mentioned... anybody ever hear of henry akinwande??
          Wont argue against Lewis.

Bowe got pasted 2ce by the only good puncher he fought and struggled badly with diminutive Holyfield. Neither of which were as powerful, rangey or as skilled as Wlad. Wlad is too technically sound to let Bowe get to him.

Foreman got totally pasted by joke HW Moorer who only lost to him through luck, stupidity and glass. He also struggled with practically every HW including C grade opponents. He wouldn't win a single round and would probably be stopped. Douglas would be pasted easily, wouldn't win a round. The best Holyfield could do is how he did against Lewis. The other opponents were good fighters and hard punchers too but they were again, not on the sort of level where we would want to bet on them.

Comment

Sam peters almost knocked him out as well, emanuelle got him and turned him totally around for the best..wlad now hits and holds.. i dont think that would be good enough to beat the heavyweights of the 90's especially with the style he implements now.. it sure sure is good enough to beat the hws of today doe. I think vitali is a better fighter imo
            It's true, Emanuel perfected his safety first style. Except BEFORE that he was a virtually unstoppable machine, losing only once by way of gas out when he'd never even been in those rounds before cause he was far more aggressive and used to destroy his opponents.

That guy would have destroyed most of the 90's HW's too but was more susceptible to being belted back.

The post Steward version was a more protracted and protective fighter but one almost assured to chip away at the 90's HW's with less risk.

The 00's/10's boxers and the 90's ones are almost entirely comparable in ability.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
              ..........at what?.........................boxing? All Time? Seriously! ...not even close

I don't know exactly where he stacks up and I really don't care, he is NOT an ATG boxer but he is the dominate heavy of his era and he certainly deserves credit for that.
              When you look at form and style and over all skills he's crude and slow and is a one dimensional guy who used to give a good effort however now he's in survival mode. Like Mayweather their done but continue to hand pick opponents that they know won't bring all they have every round.
              At this stage of their careers they are a detriment to the sport!! Retire please
              you've earned a lot of money but your killing the sport.
              Ray.
              Sour grapes laced with bull****!

Wladimir is as fast as you can possibly get for a man his size and has almost perfect form as a boxer.

That he is an ATG at all is beyond any doubt. That one statement right there should discredit any further thing you ever say on this forum and really should get you deleted for trolling!

Wladimir completely revolutionised HW boxing, proving many tactics unnecessary to win and completely useless in the case of his opponents.

He has faced the most diverse range of opponents of any boxer who have tried everything there is to try and to no avail.

Complete stylistic shutdown and perfected minimalist style. Nobody else has quite encapsulated that analogy like Klitschko.

Facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
                Sour grapes laced with bull****!

Wladimir is as fast as you can possibly get for a man his size and has almost perfect form as a boxer.

That he is an ATG at all is beyond any doubt. That one statement right there should discredit any further thing you ever say on this forum and really should get you deleted for trolling!

Wladimir completely revolutionised HW boxing, proving many tactics unnecessary to win and completely useless in the case of his opponents.

He has faced the most diverse range of opponents of any boxer who have tried everything there is to try and to no avail.

Complete stylistic shutdown and perfected minimalist style. Nobody else has quite encapsulated that analogy like Klitschko.

Facts.
                lol what a twat

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Hans Landa View Post
                  lol what a twat
                  get a life

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
                    get a life
                    only made your profile like 6 months before me with 3000 more posts...

Eeeeh OOOOOH

Comment

Working...
                    X