No announcement yet.

Boxing Drills for Everyone!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing Drills for Everyone!!

Working with a Mixed Martial Artist but here are a few boxing drills you can add to your regimen. They are all 2 round 3 min drills with specific purposes in mind. This is a punch count day for me especially working with an mma guy. You remind them about technique sure but he's in a fight prep he needs reps.

Yet another example of why "mma" trainers should not be allowed to teach boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
      Yet another example of why "mma" trainers should not be allowed to teach boxing.
      What is this supposed to mean?

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
        Please elaborate...

Comment

dam that fool was BEAT haha, im surprised he didnt pass out.

great advice tho. keep doing what u doing big dawg

Comment

Did anybody else notice that the guy throws his left hook wide and off his front foot, and that, as a result, he has nothing on his right hand? If you watch, when he is hitting the second bag his balance is shaky, he wobbles when he lands the right hand. Which he is more or less poking with.

Comment

Originally posted by greynotsoold View Post
              Did anybody else notice that the guy throws his left hook wide and off his front foot, and that, as a result, he has nothing on his right hand? If you watch, when he is hitting the second bag his balance is shaky, he wobbles when he lands the right hand. Which he is more or less poking with.
              from what i understand u throw the left hook with your front leg transferring your weight on your back foot when u finish to set up for a right straight or to get back in guard..

in the second bag clip he's close to the bag, to me it looks like he's throwing a bunch of hooks. when he threw his right it looked like a right hook to me.. the fact is he was very fatigued and so close to the bag probably the reason why he couldnt throw a straight right and/or jab IF that was they was trying to work on..

Comment

Watch him. Throughout the entire punching sequence, on both bags, when he throws the left hook the weight stays on his front foot. He doesn't get turned at all on the right hand, and you need to turn your hips and shoulders through the punch, be it a right hook or a straight right hand. His right hand is no more than a jab that he throws with the arm bent and the elbow up.
                If you are close to the bag, or opponent, more of the force of the punch comes from the shift of weight on the feet and the turning of the hips and shoulders. That guy, the way he is punching in that video, is not much of a puncher at all.

Comment

Working...
                X