Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The yanks really need this one

AJ is scheduled for tomoro

Comment

• Theoretically the Yanks should have the better offense, but they're always anomalous in the postseason. Also more power-oriented than consistent, have you seen Texeira's batting average?

Comment

• Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post

I agree that the Yankees aren't as good as they were last year or especially 09, but they can still put up buckets of numbers. The Tigers had a better offense...which is why the scored 90 fewer runs, hit 53 fewer home runs, stole a hundred fewer bases and had an OPS 15 points lower, right?
        The Tigers were not a great starting team, they didn't perform well till August. It be the same with Fister. That guy was decent but since August he was the best pitcher in baseball.

I'll give you sbs, the Tigers are certainly not built to do that but offense wise I'd rather have the Tigers. The Yanks believe it or not have way too many dead spots in their lineups. You look at the 7-8-9 with Posada, Martin, and Gardner those are easy outs. Jeter and A Rod are so iffy and Texeria really has seen his average go down. The only guys that I think opposing teams respect in the Yanks lineup is Cano and Granderson.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          The yanks really need this one

AJ is scheduled for tomoro
          Please let us start Nova instead. It's not like Porcello is anything to write home about but AJ is a polyp in the asshole of the yankees rotation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Check View Post
            The Tigers were not a great starting team, they didn't perform well till August. It be the same with Fister. That guy was decent but since August he was the best pitcher in baseball.

I'll give you sbs, the Tigers are certainly not built to do that but offense wise I'd rather have the Tigers. The Yanks believe it or not have way too many dead spots in their lineups. You look at the 7-8-9 with Posada, Martin, and Gardner those are easy outs. Jeter and A Rod are so iffy and Texeria really has seen his average go down. The only guys that I think opposing teams respect in the Yanks lineup is Cano and Granderson.
            I don't think so. I watched about 130 of the games and other than the one stretch in May (I think?) their offense was devastating all year. Shiranui makes a good point that they're power over consistency, though. They score a bunch at once, which makes them vulnerable to a beast like Verlander.

Comment

I don't think so. I watched about 130 of the games and other than the one stretch in May (I think?) their offense was devastating all year. Shiranui makes a good point that they're power over consistency, though. They score a bunch at once, which makes them vulnerable to a beast like Verlander.
              What's the excuse for Max Scherzer carving them up? Or tomorrow when Porcello works the ground ball and ends the series? You can think what you want but the Tigers are a much better team and yes, at everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Check View Post
                What's the excuse for Max Scherzer carving them up? Or tomorrow when Porcello works the ground ball and ends the series? You can think what you want but the Tigers are a much better team and yes, at everything.
                The numbers don't support your claim and baseball is 100% numbers driven. I don't really see how you can make an argument about the bullpen, I've made my points about the offense. And there's no excuse, Sherzer pitched a good game. And we'll see about Porcello. This game ain't over yet.

Comment

• That automatic out just tied up the game!!!!!! LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YANKEES! BACK IN BUSINESS!!!!!

Comment

The numbers don't support your claim and baseball is 100% numbers driven. I don't really see how you can make an argument about the bullpen, I've made my points about the offense. And there's no excuse, Sherzer pitched a good game. And we'll see about Porcello. This game ain't over yet.
                    What numbers? I gave you numbers that the Tigers had 5 hitters in the top 15 in AL for majority of the season. Yanks had what, 2? Also Mariano and his 5 blown saves, Valverde and his perfect season(52 straight if you count last year). Beniot was shaky early but had a sub 2 era the last 2 months of the season, virtually fell back to his record setting season for tampa last year. I'm not sure what you expect but I'm not going to kiss the Yankees ass. Going into this series I thought they weren't very good and still don't think they are that good. They are a 1 dimensional baseball team with a starting staff led by 1 pitcher, a rook, and 3 dudes that are on their death bed.

Comment

• Wow, Verlander

Comment

Working...
                      X