No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rachel Donaire on Reconciliation With Arum, Talks Nonito

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DynamicHispanic View Post
    Nonito and Rachel are dumb to refer to Agbeko losing to Wladimir Sidorenko.

Agbeko lost to Sidorenko like Erislandy Lara lost to Paul Wililams. Sidorenko-Agbeko was one of the most egregiously bad robberies I have ever seen in my life. Agbeko got in Sidorenko's ass. Yes, it wasn't as impressive as Nonito stopping Sidorenko in a few rounds but don't forget that Agbeko fought him nearly TEN years ago, closer to Sidorenko's prime, and also on Sidorenko's home turf.

Wladimir was like the bantamweight Sven Ottke where his biggest advantage was fighting at home. Nonito got a more faded version of Sidorenko to travel across the pond and fight in Anaheim. Not the same situation at all.

Just bugs me when fighters [and their ignorant wives] refer to Boxrec as if it is some Holy Bible of some sort. Agbeko sonned Sidorenko, simple as that.

I maintain that Agbeko would be the toughest style for Nonito to conquer, so here is hoping he gets by Mares next month.
    Aint gonna happen, but I think that Mares has the style to give Donaire a better fight anyways. Mares is my boy, and one of my favorite fighters, I cant wait for the Mares/Agbeko fight..... but I dont think Abner will beat Donaire.

IMHO, Nonito needs to clean out the formality that is the bantamweight division a.s.a.p..... and then move up, maybe straight to 126, although he may wish to snatch something on the way through.

Comment

Working...
    X