Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miguel Cotto about the shake up the game!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QueenKaytx View Post
    Serigo keys to victory:
    1.Be quick on his feet & hands ---- which his injuries might prevent him from doing.
    2.Stay off the ropes ----- this is only thing I see he can do
    3.Put His Hands Up ---- which he don't do

Cotto keys to victory
    1.Apply pressure -- roach training him to put pressure
    2.Use Jab & Timing when serigo hands are down ---- one of his quality's
    3. Get him to the ropes & hit the body ----- another one of his quality
    I think Cotto has to be very careful when applying pressure, unless Martinez is completely shot Cotto will get caught with some big hard counters and there's no way he is coming back from that.

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
    Cotto is shot and he's too small for JMW, let alone MW
    if he beats Martinez, it's only because Martinez is shot himself
    on paper, it's a big achievement for him due to the odds
    it's Martinez who's doing the cherrypicking here, not Cotto
    Martinez losing to Murray and his age take luster off him though
    Yep, it's all about what Martinez has left rather than if Cotto is rejuvenated and can compete at MW, the answer to the latter is no.

Comment

I hate to have this attitude going into a fight, but the only way Cotto wins is if Martinez is completely shot. And it's hard to say a win would be that great when you know that's the truth.

That being said, still a very good accomplishment for Cotto if he pulls it off. I have a hard time imagining it, even against a less than prime Sergio.

Comment

Cotto is one of the best fighters Martinez will have ever faced in his career. Not the tallest, strongest or dumbest, but the one of the best. That said, if Cotto wins it will be because Cotto was better. Let's stop pretending Cotto is prime and a legit middleweight.

Comment

Originally posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
          Who is the strength and conditioning/Nutrition coach in Roaches camp..? working for Miguel Cotto that is..?
          Originally posted by Assteroid Field View Post
          Marvin Somodio, philippino guy, I think he worked alongside Ariza (maybe as an assistant) during Alex's last few camps at wildcard. I think he was also chief second for Provodnikov's last fight.

This leads me to believe he's a bit of a jack of all trades, and not strictly a S&C coach (which is usually a cause for concern, but I can't say I have any complains about him)
          Cotto has been training with Gavin MacMillan @ http://www.sportsciencelab.com/ that's who is taking care of Miguel's strength and conditioning. Mr. Somodio does some of the day to day stuff, but MacMillan is the man in charge.

Comment

@RealMiguelCotto with conditioning coach @sportsciencelab at the wild card boxing club in Hollywood ca #boxing pic.twitter.com/3jpAbDnwtP

Comment

Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
              We shall see. I think a lot of you will be in for a surprise.
              Only time will tell but I feel stylistically Martinez is also all wrong for Cotto. Unless Martinez is completely shot I just don't see how Cotto is going to win this fight. I think Martinez is going to punish a brave Cotto. It's not going to be pretty for Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
                Only time will tell but I feel stylistically Martinez is also all wrong for Cotto. Unless Martinez is completely shot I just don't see how Cotto is going to win this fight. I think Martinez is going to punish a brave Cotto. It's not going to be pretty for Cotto.
                Sergio style isn't the problem. He's a southpaw with a hands down lateral movement. He has terrible defense. Cotto has been in the ring with guys faster and better defense and has cut off the ring, just fine. He's one of the best in the business at cutting off the ring. I think style wise, the fight favors Cotto

The issue here is the power, and that is what will take Cotto out. Sergio isn't better from a technical standpoint. Cotto will find him all night long, the question is if he can hurt him, which I doubt.

Comment

Working...
                X