Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bruno...against todays British talent.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bruno was easily beating lennox till he got caught there should of been a rematch

Comment

Originally posted by realheavyhands View Post
      bruno was easily beating lennox till he got caught there should of been a rematch
      there was talk of one after bruno won the title, lewis was calling for the rematch but bruno then went after tyson, if he didnt have that eye problem he might there might have been one.

Comment

Bruno would beat every British heavyweight from todays era inside schedule and that includes Williams. As for the world stage...I think he'd win a title and a fight vs Wlad is a 50/50 pick 'em for me. Wlad's not as good as Lewis and Bruno gave Lewis a very good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by rooq View Post
          bruno at his peak would have destroyed harrison , skelton and sprott.

bruno vs a peak williams would have made for an interesting fight.

shows how crappy our HWs are now though. bruno was fringe world level at best but a great recognisable personality.
          if brun o had a decent jaw he would give any heavyweight in history a pretty good fight. as it is he could beat every heavy today even wlad would have trouble!

Comment

Originally posted by hemichromis View Post
            if brun o had a decent jaw he would give any heavyweight in history a pretty good fight. as it is he could beat every heavy today even wlad would have trouble!
            What a shame he was born in the wrong era eh? I too reckon he would have mopped up some of HW's on the global stage.

Comment

I was about to make a similar thread about Bruno.

It's already been said that he'd more than likely dominate todays scene.

Bruno's jaw caught too much flak. I'm not suggesting he had a strong one, but he could take a few crackers. Like in the Tyson rematch, he took **** loads of left hooks. His problem was mental. He'd just stop covering up...

Glad to see Bruno's getting love.
              Last edited by Desaturated; 07-10-2007, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by duffgun View Post
                bruno had an underated jab
                Agreed. ....

Comment

Originally posted by Desaturated View Post
                  Glad to see Bruno's getting love.
                  He'll always have love. He's possibly British boxings most favorite star - maybe even British sports most favourite star...especially in the 90's.

I have a signed copy of his biography too. I was so sad when i found out he'd gained a mental illness.

I don't think Bruno ever gave anything less than 100%- so you can't fault the man. I remember him looking petrified before going in the ring with Tyson, Frank had some balls. He must have known he was gunna get hurt that night (even more than usual). But he still got in, and that punch that so famously rocked Tyson was a corker.

BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNO!

Comment

Yeah, I got to agree it was a shame he was born in the wrong era. Guys like Quarry and Shavers are like that too: They would have been champions if they hadn't had the misfortune of coming up when the Heavyweight division was at its all time strongest.

Poet

Comment

the bruno vs lewis fight's on espn right now

Comment

Working...
                      X