Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Hip Hop / Gangster rap partially destroyed black communities?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I from the hood and black people do imitate that rap 5hit all the way.

You can say it didn't but c'mon.

Comment

OK. I will go back and read when I have time to. But to give a short answer to the question posed.........No. Hip-Hop and Gangsta Rap have nothing to do with the situation at hand. As someone earlier stated, they are but symptoms of the bigger problem. That problem is the Black family(or lack there of). As a Black Man. It starts with us. And it is up to us to correct it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno View Post
        I from the hood and black people do imitate that rap 5hit all the way.

You can say it didn't but c'mon.
        I disagree. Art imitates life.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
          I disagree. Art imitates life.
          Art did imitate the lifestyle but now it's a cycle.

Comment

Yes it has. Why? because the youth imitates whats popular.

Comment

Originally posted by Unknown Champ View Post
              Yes it has. Why? because the youth imitates whats popular.
              The youth imitates it cause there is no proper guidance at home. That is the root of the problem UC, not that the youth imitates it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno View Post
                Art did imitate the lifestyle but now it's a cycle.
                I can agree that it has become a cycle, but the art evolves through the life of it's subjects.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
                  The youth imitates it cause there is no proper guidance at home. That is the root of the problem UC, not that the youth imitates it.
                  Of course but did g-rap encourage piss poor behavior hell yeah it did and still does. Music is powerful and can mold people to it

Comment

Of course but did g-rap encourage piss poor behavior hell yeah it did and still does. Music is powerful and can mold people to it
                    I would say that it fueled piss poor behavior, but the encouragement to said behavior begins at home and is perpetuated by the environment. The music then is only fuel for an existing fire. I agree music is a very powerful thing bruh, but the strength of the Father is a strength that is far more superior than music. And that is where the problem begins my man. Not the music.

Comment

Oh yea. I will be sending Green for your sig, when Im able to green you again.

Comment

Working...
                      X