Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Will Sit Until May: Eyes Mayweather, Big Names

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cool...he would lose all 3 of these fights...but i give him a chance against Cotto...man May would be so great with Canelo - Cotto & Martinez - Floyd or Canelo - Floyd & Martinez - Cotto...winner gets the winner o.O

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
      Canelo doesn't deserve a Floyd fight until be beats a Cotto. Cotto has to beat Trout first though.

I don't see why Canelo doesn't fight in December against a Kirkland, Molina, or even at t he worst a Dzinziruk/Quintana type of fighter right now.
      Let it go man, I already have lol. The sooner Canelo/Mayweather happens, the happier we'll all be. I wouldn't mind if he fights Floyd in May.

Comment

Ahh playing it safe away from danger.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
          Canelo doesn't deserve a Floyd fight until be beats a Cotto. Cotto has to beat Trout first though.

I don't see why Canelo doesn't fight in December against a Kirkland, Molina, or even at t he worst a Dzinziruk/Quintana type of fighter right now.
          Doesn't matter if he doesn't deserve it or not, nobody will care. Hell, he was praised for beating a JWW and a flyweight

Comment

His handlers are bringing this along the total wrong way. Hes simply not talented enough for us to expect him to take 8 months off and then beat an elite world class fighter. Its just not realistic

Comment

I don't like this move, they should keep him busy so he can continue to improve. That's a lot of time off for a guy who's already had problems outside the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by mrpain81 View Post
                I don't like this move, they should keep him busy so he can continue to improve. That's a lot of time off for a guy who's already had problems outside the ring.
                True dat......

Comment

Of all the potential Mayweather opponents, I think Canelo is the most dangerous. Regardless os what his worshipers think, (I think a more accurate term would be hope) Pacquaio won't be able to deal with Mayweather's superior defense and counterpunching. Many feel Martinez would hand Mayweather a loss. But Martinez is a slick, fast fighter who would be up against a slicker, faster, and technically superior opponent. Martinez's advantages over Mayweather would be size and power. And those are things that he really doesn't employ in his style. On the other hand, Canelo is a big, stronger, heavy handed guy that I think gives Mayweather a ton of problems. I think he could sucessfully bully Mayweather like Castillo did their first fight. And like DLH and Cotto had success doing at times. Plus, although no one lands with regularity on Mayweather, Money isn't making guys miss completely nowadays. He's catching a lot of punches on the arms, gloves, and shoulders. And against an extremely heavy handed guy like Canelo who would likely outweight Mayweather by at least 20lbs on fight night, that could lead to Mayweather wearing down in the latter half of the fight. I'm very much interested in this fight and would be very tempted to pick Canelo to pull off the upset.

Comment

Bad move too much time off way too much time hes going to be rusty by the time he gets in the ring against those guy and you cant be rusty against any of those dudes

Comment

Originally posted by mrpain81 View Post
                      I agree not a smart move at all, could come back to hurt him in the long run, he needs to fight somebody for a tune up.

Comment

Working...
                      X