No announcement yet.

Is Cotto too small for 160 or not?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Cotto too small for 160 or not?

You fanboys have me confused. When it comes to a fight with GGG, all I hear is, "well Cotto is just using the MW title as leverage and plans to dump it before being forced into a fight with GGG because in reality he's not a true MW".

Now that there's rumor circulating about Cotto vs Geale, the fanboys are now talking about how this is a good fight.

So which is it? Is Cotto a MW only when it comes to facing certain MW fighters not named GGG, or is he too small for the division?
    Yes
    82.93%
    No
    17.07%

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
    You fanboys have me confused. When it comes to a fight with GGG, all I hear is, "well Cotto is just using the MW title as leverage and plans to dump it before being forced into a fight with GGG because in reality he's not a true MW".

Now that there's rumor circulating about Cotto vs Geale, the fanboys are now talking about how this is a good fight.

So which is it? Is Cotto a MW only when it comes to facing certain MW fighters not named GGG, or is he too small for the division?
    I think he's too small... please add a poll.

Comment

Yes he is.

However, his fanboys, like fanboys of any other fighter, are so obsessed with their hero that they'll say anything for the sake of damage control, regardless of obvious contradictions and double standards. Its funny but sad at the same time.

Ignore them.
      Last edited by Derranged; 04-03-2015, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Yes he is. He should be at 154.

Comment

After he won the title he should had gone back down to 154

Comment

For the record I feel that he's too small for the MW division. I will state what I have been stating. Fight and defend it against the guy who's been calling you out for over a year who also happens to be your mandatory, or relinquish the belt and let the true top dogs in the division battle for it and move down to 154.

Comment

He obviously is, which makes it worse that he's holding on to the MW belts. He beat Sergio, cool. Vacate the belts and stay at 154. This is coming from a fan of Miguel.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
                After he won the title he should had gone back down to 154

Right. He did it to be the first Rican to win titles @ 4 weights. He should move to 154, but he knows that there are some "good" fights he can make at 160 without worrying about making weight in camp.

He should fight Canelo at 154 imo. Lara would beat him at 154 and there is pretty much no one else at 154 that could bring some good $$.

Comment

Cotto is CLEARLY too small for MW.

When someone says it's a "good fight," they are merely saying it is a LEGIT MW for Cotto and a REAL test for Cotto at MW.

By acknowledging that Geale is a real MW and a real test, does NOT imply someone actually believes that Cotto is a bonafide middleweight.

Not that complicated.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
                    For the record I feel that he's too small for the MW division. I will state what I have been stating. Fight and defend it against the guy who's been calling you out for over a year who also happens to be your mandatory, or relinquish the belt and let the true top dogs in the division battle for it and move down to 154.
                    Bro, you are confusing what you'd LIKE to see happen, with how things work.

Cotto has his voluntary and he is taking his voluntary.

Comment

Working...
                    X