The difference between a warrior and a chump

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
    Seriously...

After Matthysse/Provodnikov going 12 hard rounds with both guys bludgeoning the hell out of each other, Provodnikov actually apologized to the fans for his failed bid to win

Chavez Jnr had the balls to blame the ref for stopping the fight too soon, having Goosen say it was him (if it was, his spanish and Chavez Jnr impersonation is spot on) and say he was winning the fight

Good night of boxing

Had a good war and Chavez Jnr tasting his own medicine....now he knows how his opponents at 160 felt
    Hey, Hymen took a gamble and lost. It is what it is but I feel he will be taking many such losses in the future because he is in a precarious situation in which he can't put on soft touches but he must put on his "premiere" boxers in order to build them up.

If they aren't up to snuff, they stand a big chance of losing which limits his business plan of marketing the sport around the credibility of a few "elite" boxers.

Good effort for him but there are "levels to this game" as many posters have pointed out in reference to other aspects of the sport. Now, however, those same sentiments are applied to another more hidden layer of the sport that only the most attuned business savy posters could appreciate. Very interesting dilemma, one that I hope helps illustrate how fragile and uncertain this effort of Hymen's actually is.

Comment

did chavez quit or the referee stopped the fight?

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
        Sho showed a replay right after he left of him saying he's done and to stop the fight. The after the fight he said the ref stopped the fight too early and then Goosen said he was the one who stopped the fight

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
          He clearly said to "Stop it" several times to Goossen who turned to the ref and requested a stoppage.

Comment

damn, i thought chavez jr was tough.

Comment

Was it ever going to end in any different way for Chavez. That is part of the reason for watching for it to end in flames.

Lucas Matthysse is such an odd fighter, he is a good boxer offensively but he is kind of a hooker and likes the uppercut as well which is even more dangerous to throw when he only rarely goes body. He is a pretty tough guy and his powers is quality. There is just something missing in him to me, still really good but I just have this feeling he is destined to fall short.

Comment

Working...
              X