Collapse
No announcement yet.

Margarito no skill what so ever

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never thought Margarito was any good pre or post wraps controversy. Give him credit for his wins though but the dude was never good to me.

Comment

i think its easy for everyone to bash margs now... but people forget his reign at WW... one of the most avoided fighters of the time...

relentless pressure... granite chin... amazing conditioning...

fighting margs = looooong hard night, most elite fighters wanted no part of...

IMO, margs beat cotto the first time due to cotto's HORRIBLE game plan and suspect conditioning.... in the rematch, margs was outboxed thoroughly... he could have been GIVEN handwraps, it wouldve still been the same outcome.

margs is obviously a scumbag "bad guy", deservedly so, but i wouldnt go so far as to negate his careers work.

Comment

[quote=waxfondler;12125272]i think its easy for everyone to bash margs now... but people forget his reign at WW... one of the most avoided fighters of the time...

relentless pressure... granite chin... amazing conditioning...

fighting margs = looooong hard night, most elite fighters wanted no part of...

IMO, margs beat cotto the first time due to cotto's HORRIBLE game plan and suspect conditioning.... in the rematch, margs was outboxed thoroughly... he could have been GIVEN handwraps, it wouldve still been the same outcome.

margs is obviously a scumbag "bad guy", deservedly so, but i wouldnt go so far as to negate his careers work.[/quote]
        it his own fault that people but is career work into a bad light

Comment

Originally posted by Fvck LamarSmith View Post
          LOL @ Floyd fans and there smear campaign against fighters Floyd has ducked.
          yeah cause only :chickenboy:fans think that tony a cheater

Comment

I dont think Shane was a top 20 ATG and I think his power at WW doesnt prove he was a legendary puncher. At LW he is an ATG but not above it.

With Margarito I believe that his skill set is horrible and that he was a cheater. I also believe that he loaded his gloves way before the Mosley fight and he definitely knew of it.

He definitely has shown a good chin & some will to win but I cant give a cheater that much credit. We just dont know alot about his career because we dont know how long he cheated before Mosley or if he even did. Still, once you get caught, to me you lose all benefit of doubt.

I definitely think he was using against Cotto & Williams. People say that he had great pressure, chin, and blah blah blah but if you are hitting guys with plaster then they arent commiting to there own punches from fear of what is coming back. It can completely change a fight.

You can say he is shot now but you can only go by someone's last fight and before Mosley he still looked like the same guy so that beat down was legitimate and I will not put that on him being shot.

I also think him being avoided is sooo overrated, just like it is with Sergio and other guys being avoided. Just because the guy you want to fight is not fighting you, doesnt make you avoided because he was doing the same thing in reverse.

There were guys like Ouma & others who wouldve easily fought him and he didnt want to. He also was a true coward in not wanting the Williams rematch when he was on top. Why would you not want to avenge your loss?

As for skill level, to call him average is being generous. Again, how do we know that a guy like Micky Ward wouldnt have been Margarito if he used plaster? To Margarito's defense, nothing is proven but like I said, he loses all benefit of doubt once you get caught
            Last edited by DLT; 05-14-2012, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Andyreww View Post
              Sure Mosley was taking designer steriods, which of course increased his performance physically.

They don't increase your boxing skills, his chin was the same, power the same.
              sure his endurance probably a bit better.

Margarito used Plaster of Paris in his hands wraps.

Are you really comparing the 2 of them?
              Cheating is cheating. Think of all the extra punishment opponents unnecessarily take against roided up fighters.

Anyway, Margarito has skill, all the top contenders and former champions in the various divisions do. You simply don't get there otherwise.

Originally posted by FUC_U_PAYME View Post
              they both are cheaters but shane still a hof
              The lunacy of boxing, this wouldn't happen in other sports.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                Cheating is cheating. Think of all the extra punishment opponents unnecessarily take against roided up fighters.

Anyway, Margarito has skill, all the top contenders and former champions in the various divisions do. You simply don't get there otherwise.

The lunacy of boxing, this wouldn't happen in other sports.

it happens in other sports

Comment

I'm in no position to talk about anybody, but Margarito is a guy that I look at and wonder how he made it so far. He has inhuman stamina and his whole head is made of diamond. Low key even though he takes a lot of punches, he is good at turning with the punches.

His skills to me tthough are bleh. Hand and footspeed non existant. Its just funny that he made it so far. Gotta give him props in that regard.
                  Last edited by Biolink; 05-14-2012, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
                    Hand and footspeed non existant. Its just funny that he made it so far. Gotta give him props in that regard.
                    He looks slow because he has long arms but he actually lands far more punches than you'd expect.

Comment

Originally posted by Andyreww View Post
                      Shane Mosley is shot.

Probably a Top 20 ATG though, and deserves his place in the hall of fame.

a shot shane mosley still destroys a margarito.
                      Top 20? GTFO. Great fighter, but he's not a top 20 ATG.

Comment

Working...
                      X