Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who were Muhammad Ali's 10 best opponents?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who were Muhammad Ali's 10 best opponents?

1-Sonny Liston
    2-George Forman
    3-Joe Frazier
    4-Ken Norton
    5-Floyd Patterson
    6-Jimmy Young
    7-Ernie Shavers
    8-Oscar Bonevena
    9-Jerry Quarry
    10-Jimmy Elliss,Joe Bugner,Ron Lyle,Ernie Terrell

I left off Archie Moore and Larry Holmes.Moore because he was 49 years old,and Holmes because Ali was washed up and way past his prime.

I would like to see what others believe were the 10 best fighters that Muhammad Ali fought.....In order 1 through 10.

1: George Foreman
    2: Joe Frazier
    3: Sonny Liston
    4: Floyd Patterson
    5: Ken Norton
    6: Jerry Quarry
    7: Earnie Shavers
    8: Oscar Bonavena
    9: Ernie Terrel
    10: Jimmy Young

I left out Holmes and Moore just like you so the names are quite similar.

Comment

I do believe Sonny Liston deserves the top spot.Ron Lyle should be up in the top 5 and Jimmy Young deserves no such place in this list.Jimmy Young's claim to fame is losing a gift decision to a fat Ali and losing a close decision to a severely weakened Ken Norton.His wins over Ron Lyle and Foreman are definitely suspect.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingbuff View Post
        1-Sonny Liston
        2-George Forman
        3-Joe Frazier
        4-Ken Norton
        5-Floyd Patterson
        6-Jimmy Young
        7-Ernie Shavers
        8-Oscar Bonevena
        9-Jerry Quarry
        10-Jimmy Elliss,Joe Bugner,Ron Lyle,Ernie Terrell

I left off Archie Moore and Larry Holmes.Moore because he was 49 years old,and Holmes because Ali was washed up and way past his prime.

I would like to see what others believe were the 10 best fighters that Muhammad Ali fought.....In order 1 through 10.
        No love for George Chuvalo?

Comment

When will fools stop considering Liston prime when Clay beat him? You don't get much more obvious when a fighter is past it. Guess if Ali was the first guy to KO Roy Jones they would have called Jones prime too.

Comment

So 7 months after destroying Patterson (for the second time) in the first round, Sonny was shot to ****?

Comment

Originally posted by Obama View Post
              When will fools stop considering Liston prime when Clay beat him? You don't get much more obvious when a fighter is past it. Guess if Ali was the first guy to KO Roy Jones they would have called Jones prime too.

I do hope that post wasn't directed towards me,dunce.We've seen what happens you are called out on certain claims,you run away like a little girl,not to be seen for weeks.

Now point out one such post in this thread in which anyone claimed Liston was in his prime.

Since when is vaseline used for butt sex?

Last edited by gimmeyapudpud; 03-01-2010, 07:56 PM.

Comment

foreman
                frazier
                liston
                norton
                patterson
                lyle
                quarry
                shavers
                boneva
                chuvalo

Comment

Originally posted by £Hank$Moody€ View Post
                  So 7 months after destroying Patterson (for the second time) in the first round, Sonny was shot to ****?
                  that right there.......Liston was coming off 2 devastating knockouts over Floyd Patterson and that made him past prime??? get the **** outta here and stop trying to belittle Ali's opponents

Comment

Originally posted by Rolling Stone View Post
                    that right there.......Liston was coming off 2 devastating knockouts over Floyd Patterson and that made him past prime??? get the **** outta here and stop trying to belittle Ali's opponents
                    Liston was between 32 and 38 years old and had fought a total of 6 rounds in the previous 3 years and came in at the second highest weight of his career. Liston was still a great fighter, but I don't think he was prime either.

Comment

Working...
                    X