No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tony Yoka Shocks Joe Joyce To Win Gold Medal in Rio

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve plunger View Post
    Yoka deserved the win and I'm English....showed better all round boxing skill IMO
    Plunge, how do you think Joyce will do in the pros?

I don't know, he's clumsy, Joshua is a better talent IMO.

Yoka is a freak, he's almost 6 feet and moves like a slick middleweight.
    But Yoka seems to be fragile, I don't know how this fight would have went for 8 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
      Let's see them turn pro. I'm not a big amateur boxing fan. It's more like a prizefighter tourney & the judging is worse than in the pro ranks. I wonder how this class of HW will do at the pro level...
      hrgovic is the one i see being the best pro

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
        Filip Hrgović was ROBBED against Yoka in the semi-final.

Now Yoka wins a gift decision over Joyce.

Make no mistake about it, the judges are definitely on Yoka's side.
        Yoka is the best you fckin brain dead idiot.

World am champion and NOW olympic champion.

You're butthurt because he beat you're WHITE HOPE Hrgovic in a close fight.

Yoka beat them all. You should respect the man's work even if he doesn't feat your agenda.

Yoka is the clear champion, more clear than Josh in London and I'm a josh fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Loque-san View Post
          Joe Joyce was flat out robbed. The fight wasn't close at all.

Yoka already had the gold medal around his neck before the Olympics started.

They robbed Nistor to clear his path
          Gift decision against Hrgovic
          Gift decision against Joyce

He's my favourite to win the coveted Olympic Boxing's Biggest Fraud Award. It's a toss up between him and Tischenko.
          ^^^ ... something like this.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
            Plunge, how do you think Joyce will do in the pros?

I don't know, he's clumsy, Joshua is a better talent IMO.

Yoka is a freak, he's almost 6 feet and moves like a slick middleweight.
            But Yoka seems to be fragile, I don't know how this fight would have went for 8 rounds.
            Joyce will never become a top heavyweight....from what I saw he has terrible technique and almost zero power.....even the way he holds his guard up looks odd and without structure.....horrible style to watch if I'm being honest and he's 30 now so it's all to late in the game.....as for yoka yeah he has good skills and showed a good jab and movement and his punches were more eye catching .....as for yoka not so sure if he would really have the ticker and stamina to become a world class heavyweight and he also lacks any kind of power.....it takes so much more than what I saw by these two fighting last night ...i just can't see anything happening in the pros for these two billy
            Last edited by The plunger man; 08-21-2016, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve plunger View Post
              Joyce will never become a top heavyweight....from what I saw he has terrible technique and almost zero power.....even the way he holds his guard up looks odd and without structure.....horrible style to watch if I'm being honest and he's 30 now so it's all to late in the game.....as for yoka yeah he has good skills and showed a good jab and movement and his punches were more eye catching .....as for yoka not so sure if he would really have the ticker and stamina to become a world class heavyweight and he also lacks any kind of power.....it takes so much more than what I saw by these two fighting last night ...i just can't see anything happening in the pros for these two billy
              Agreed about Joyce plunge, don't know about Yoka.

And this mainly because Joyce is 30 while Yoka is 24.

A.Josh looked "worst" than Yoka in London IMO only beating clearly the chinese dude and having tough close fights with Savon 17/16, Dychko 13/11 and Camarelle 16+/16 as I just checked.
              Not an easy path though.

But Josh himself was only 22 wich is really young for a superheavy.

By now, at the age of 24, Yoka is world am champ, olympic champion.

He also won the youth olympics beating NZ Parker.

So he has several wins over guys like Dychko, Parker, Joyce twice, Hrgovic twice, Nistor.

He has been koed (Savon...) before but he was a green HW, about 20 years old, he reached his amateur prime in 2015 and I thought his game plan vs Joyce was brilliant.

I think he can have a pro career at least like Josh and Wilder (beating contenders to a paper belt).

He seems sometimes fragile, but pro training and 2 months training camp would help him to build a more solid frame.

Dude is 6'6 1/2 and his slick.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
                Agreed about Joyce plunge, don't know about Yoka.

And this mainly because Joyce is 30 while Yoka is 24.

A.Josh looked "worst" than Yoka in London IMO only beating clearly the chinese dude and having tough close fights with Savon 17/16, Dychko 13/11 and Camarelle 16+/16 as I just checked.
                Not an easy path though.

But Josh himself was only 22 wich is really young for a superheavy.

By now, at the age of 24, Yoka is world am champ, olympic champion.

He also won the youth olympics beating NZ Parker.

So he has several wins over guys like Dychko, Parker, Joyce twice, Hrgovic twice, Nistor.

He has been koed (Savon...) before but he was a green HW, about 20 years old, he reached his amateur prime in 2015 and I thought his game plan vs Joyce was brilliant.

I think he can have a pro career at least like Josh and Wilder (beating contenders to a paper belt).

He seems sometimes fragile, but pro training and 2 months training camp would help him to build a more solid frame.

Dude is 6'6 1/2 and his slick.
                Joshua was a very late starter though.

You have to remember that all his am achievements came within 4 years of putting on a pair of gloves and under 50 am fights.

His potential upcurve is massive compared to Yoka

Comment

joyce won that fight

Comment

joe Joyce won that fight.. yoka's gotten a lot of gift decisions

Comment

Working...
                    X