Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder Explains Process in Selecting Arreola as Opponent

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Life Lesson #37: If you have to keep going out of your way to explain yourself... your way is b.s. and wrong.

Fans can give Wilder a free pass though, for this kind of being last minute... but still... it fits right into his plans. Keeps him from going to Russia and losing the belt... plus a low risk fight practically at home (Tuscaloosa is about 45 minutes away).

But yeah, wouldn't it be hilarious if Arreola KOs the guy. The best comedy writers couldn't come up with a better one than that. Especially after all the blabbering Wilder does about how amazing he is as a fighter.

Comment

After bailing on the Povetkin fight like a coward, Wilder was looking for an opponent who had some credibility but did not have the ability to beat him. That is how they chose Arreola. If they hadn't chosen Arreola, Wilder's opponent would have Charles Martin.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
        Life Lesson #37: If you have to keep going out of your way to explain yourself... your way is b.s. and wrong.

Fans can give Wilder a free pass though, for this kind of being last minute... but still... it fits right into his plans. Keeps him from going to Russia and losing the belt... plus a low risk fight practically at home (Tuscaloosa is about 45 minutes away).

But yeah, wouldn't it be hilarious if Arreola KOs the guy. The best comedy writers couldn't come up with a better one than that. Especially after all the blabbering Wilder does about how amazing he is as a fighter.
        Lennox Lewis fought Vitali Klitschko at the last minute. This was after Lewis fought Holyfield twice, Hasim Rahman twice, Oliver McCall twice, Mike Tyson and an attempt to fight Riddick Bowe before Bowe wisely decided to throw the belt in the garbage (ala Canelo Alvarez) rather than fight Lewis. Fans don't have to give Wilder a free pass on this and I damn sure am not giving him a pass.

Comment

This is how he picks his opponents.

Will it be an easy fight?
          -Nah, opponent excluded because easy is still too hard.

Will he walk into the ring training on Coronas?
          -Yes, opponent gets a checkmark

Will his chin be gone?
          -Yes, opponent gets two checkmarks

Does he eat the majority of his meals at a buffet?
          -Yes, three checkmarks... done deal at this point.

...BUM SQUADDDDD!

Comment

Wilder and Arreola can sure enter an Ugly Contest man these dudes look like Saint Bernard and a Rottweiler

Comment

Quote:
              Originally Posted by PunchyPotorff View Post

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
              Lennox Lewis fought Vitali Klitschko at the last minute. This was after Lewis fought Holyfield twice, Hasim Rahman twice, Oliver McCall twice, Mike Tyson and an attempt to fight Riddick Bowe before Bowe wisely decided to throw the belt in the garbage (ala Canelo Alvarez) rather than fight Lewis. Fans don't have to give Wilder a free pass on this and I damn sure am not giving him a pass.
              I, along with many, certainly see through Wilder's Can-A-Palooza Fest he has 2-3 times a year. I was just saying with the time frame involved it wasn't the worst choice with Arreola. But then he could have purposely planned a short time frame so his choice wouldn't look so bad. And I'm positive he breathed a sigh of relief when the Povetkin fight didn't happen. He knows his days are numbered, but he's painted himself in a corner now, so there will be no escaping a real challenge next time out.

Comment

Wilder's reasoning is actually quite sound, and I wouldn't ordinarily have a problem with a fight like this. The problem is, it's for the WBC heavyweight championship of the world, and Arreola was technically ineligible to fight for it at the time Wilder's team picked him. If Wilder wants to fight crowd pleasing guys, as he seems to, then he needs to drop the belt. That comes with commitments, and Wilder has shown he's unwilling to keep them. I know ABC belts are garbage nowadays, but Wilder's taking the piss at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by WTF Huck! View Post
                  Wilder's reasoning is actually quite sound, and I wouldn't ordinarily have a problem with a fight like this. The problem is, it's for the WBC heavyweight championship of the world, and Arreola was technically ineligible to fight for it at the time Wilder's team picked him. If Wilder wants to fight crowd pleasing guys, as he seems to, then he needs to drop the belt. That comes with commitments, and Wilder has shown he's unwilling to keep them. I know ABC belts are garbage nowadays, but Wilder's taking the piss at this point.
                  He's fighting Arreola because he's shot to bits, is grossly out of shape and has zero defense & skills. Don't forget, in Wilder's last fight he got soundly outboxed by a midget football hooligan. It's just another hand picked bum designed to make casuals like 1hourRun take notice.

Comment

Process was eeinie meenie minnie -Slow Taco

Not much thought was in picking fat slobby lazy pillow nose no train Chris Belly fat Arreola.

Comment

Just that fact that you can admit a guy doesn't deserve a shot is the sad part. There were many other contenders that deserve a shot that could have been selected.

Comment

Working...
                      X