Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roman Gonzalez:

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How hight can gonzales move up, do u think we can get Rigo vs Gonzalez at a catchweight i think rigos only like an inch taller

Comment

Originally posted by LomaUsykKlichko View Post
      How hight can gonzales move up, do u think we can get Rigo vs Gonzalez at a catchweight i think rigos only like an inch taller
      To be honest with you I don't see that fight happening at all. Rigo isn't a spring chicken and by the time Roman reaches those weights, if ever he manages to move up the divisions properly, Rigo would most likely be gone from the sport. If anything the most realistic weight would be at 118. Rigo can most definitely move down since he is a small Super Bantamweight and Chocolate could most likely reach 118 efficiently. The question would be how well Chocolates power transitions as well as his stamina. In a PFP setting Gonzalez would give Rigo the toughest fight out there due to their clash of styles. I wouldn't favor either one to dominate since both fighters are amazing at what they do in the ring but personally I would root for Roman.

Comment

Man I really hope the Gallo-Roman fight gets made. Fireworks no doubt!

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
          Yeah, I have read an interview where he said he would beat Estrada on the rematch easily.

http://www.notifight.com/artman2/pub...gano_f_cil.php

By the way thanks to Tyson Chavez for introducing me to the site. Good source for spanish speaking folks to keep updated on what's going on with the sport south of the border.
          Notifight is brilliant for anything south of the US. One of my favourite sites.

Comment

To be honest with you I don't see that fight happening at all. Rigo isn't a spring chicken and by the time Roman reaches those weights, if ever he manages to move up the divisions properly, Rigo would most likely be gone from the sport. If anything the most realistic weight would be at 118. Rigo can most definitely move down since he is a small Super Bantamweight and Chocolate could most likely reach 118 efficiently. The question would be how well Chocolates power transitions as well as his stamina. In a PFP setting Gonzalez would give Rigo the toughest fight out there due to their clash of styles. I wouldn't favor either one to dominate since both fighters are amazing at what they do in the ring but personally I would root for Roman.
            Thanks for the vids, after watching it, I think he was just being nice about it. Definitely respects him though. As for a rigo fight, you're right it wouldn't happen for years. In his 30s his body will change and get denser making it easier for him to fight at 118 or even 22. It will be interesting to see where he can go.

Comment

He has been like Finito Lopez that fought mostly out of the lime light, towards the 3/4 end of is career he was headlining cards. I hope the main stream networks pick up his fight soon.

Comment

My kind of guy. Class outside the ring, a killer inside it.

You're not a true boxing fan if you don't appreciate Choco.

Comment

I've turned in a fan of Chocolatito Gonzalez in the last months. Great boxer ! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by Suavecito80 View Post
                    Man I really hope the Gallo-Roman fight gets made. Fireworks no doubt!
                    For sure. If it happens next year both fighters would be in their prime. no better time for them to clash. Not only that but both would be competing at a comfortable weights as well as putting 4 belts on the line. One word, AWESOME.

Originally posted by LowBlowKO View Post
                    Notifight is brilliant for anything south of the US. One of my favourite sites.
                    I agree. Sadly it's mainly for spanish speakers. It's like the AsianBoxing website for us.

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
                    Thanks for the vids, after watching it, I think he was just being nice about it. Definitely respects him though. As for a rigo fight, you're right it wouldn't happen for years. In his 30s his body will change and get denser making it easier for him to fight at 118 or even 22. It will be interesting to see where he can go.
                    Yeah. If you look at his accomplishments and his growing resume, Chocolatito seems destined for greatness. If he ends up at 122 that would be amazing to witness. Whether Roman would like it or not he would be Nicaraguas greatest gift to the global boxing scene .

Originally posted by TOBYLEE1 View Post
                    He has been like Finito Lopez that fought mostly out of the lime light, towards the 3/4 end of is career he was headlining cards. I hope the main stream networks pick up his fight soon.
                    Personally I think we still have another half of Roman's career left to witness. He is only 27 now and has accomplished so much, I'm pretty sure he will accomplish so much more before he reaches retirement. I'm keeping my fingers crossed hoping for a major network to pick them up and give them the exposure they deserve.

Originally posted by lane99 View Post
                    My kind of guy. Class outside the ring, a killer inside it.

You're not a true boxing fan if you don't appreciate Choco.
                    True indeed, very humble and respectable fellow outside the ring. He really is the GGG of the lower weights

Originally posted by gabrielmolilulu View Post
                    I've turned in a fan of Chocolatito Gonzalez in the last months. Great boxer ! Thanks for sharing.
                    No problem, glad you read it. Roman is a great fighter to follow. Not only is he constantly active but he seeks out the best competition that would risk taking a brutal beating by jumping in the ring with him.

Comment

De nada hermano. De acuerdo, Estrada es el mas Gallo de las 112 libras.

I'm sure he believes he's the best as well, he proved it with other interviews in his home country recently. We have to also take into account where Roman was positioned at during the interview, amongst Mexicans. His greatest rival thus far being Mexican himself, Roman retained his humility and gave the adequate answer.

Hopefully the rematch goes down. I might be a bit too bold but I honestly believe in terms of skill and technique, Juan Francisco Estrada is Mexico's best champion PFP at the moment.
                      I agree. At least among Mexico's champions. P4P, champion or not, I'd say Juan Manuel Marquez is still at the top, then Juan Francisco Estrada, and then Canelo.

Comment

Working...
                      X