Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

marcos maidana flexing + spars mikey garcia again (pic)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maidana looking good, some people just don't have the genetics to achieve the shredded look. Won't know if he's really inshape thought untill the middle rounds of the fight.

On a side note, what's the advantage in sparring with Mikey? Mikey is smaller than Mayweather and has a different style, is it because he has good technique?

Comment

Originally posted by firstborn View Post
      Maidana looking good, some people just don't have the genetics to achieve the shredded look. Won't know if he's really inshape thought untill the middle rounds of the fight.

On a side note, what's the advantage in sparring with Mikey? Mikey is smaller than Mayweather and has a different style, is it because he has good technique?
      Good technical fighter.. quick.. power to keep you honest.. and not as small as you might think the guy cuts alot of weight..

his skill is up there too.. one of the promising stars of the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
        Maidana will be ready. Will Floyd be? He usually is, but we will see if he's ready when Maidana connects with full steam.
        Those who know, know.

Comment

Mikey is very smart, tactical, great counter puncher. All are attributes that floyd has.

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
            Two things.. Maidana lookin the shape of his life and will probly be shredded may 3rd..

And I think its awesome he's doing 12 round sparrings with mikey. Thats top notch sparring

Nah I dont think hes doing a full 12 with him. I'm pretty sure its broken into 3 rounds a piece. Mikey gets 3 rounds, Steve forbes gets 3 rounds, Alicea gets 3 rounds and then another sparring partner gets his 3 for a total of 12 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
              Mikey is very smart, tactical, great counter puncher. All are attributes that floyd has.
              Good answer.
              Nah I dont think hes doing a full 12 with him. I'm pretty sure its broken into 3 rounds a piece. Mikey gets 3 rounds, Steve forbes gets 3 rounds, Alicea gets 3 rounds and then another sparring partner gets his 3 for a total of 12 rounds.
              Good post, that's usually how it's done, though they may do full 10-12 or more, usually you swap guys out for the guy you are preparing so you keep fresh fighters in with him, none of the sparring partners take too much damage, and so he sees different looks and styles in a short time, to simulate adjustments.

Comment

Maidana does look flabby compared to some of his 140 weigh ins.

But none of that matters since he didn't really train properly back then. Now he may not look as "fit," but his stamina is much better than when he looked in better shape. As long as he's working his diet/exercise program, that's all tha tmatters. It's worked wonders since he's joined Garcia's gym.

Comment

Maidana has never been extremely ripped but his body was different at 140

And Mikey is a very quick sharp puncher, with a great right hand

Comment

I like the idea of them going at it for a full fight's length and I guess that influenced how I heard something in one of Ellie's videos. I stand corrected though.

sidenote: Ellie's videos are more entertaining to me than All Access and thats sad.

Comment

Originally posted by robust_ View Post
                      Maidana does look flabby compared to some of his 140 weigh ins.

But none of that matters since he didn't really train properly back then. Now he may not look as "fit," but his stamina is much better than when he looked in better shape. As long as he's working his diet/exercise program, that's all tha tmatters. It's worked wonders since he's joined Garcia's gym.
                      I think aside from a little more definitiion in the midsection.. maidana looks more muscular and powerful now than he did at 140. And as for the midsection.. give it till may 3rd. Ariza has him on a 6 week program thats really intense to compensate for the shorter camp. Ariza even said Maidana will have overtrained if he did his program longer.

Comment

Working...
                      X