Don Lemon dropping knowledge

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Still Burner View Post
    Exactly. Great post.

Theres a reason this thread went nowhere.
    i already said don lemon is mixed, so his opinion doesn't mean ****.

He also admitted to being gay a couple years back. Like black people are going to listen to some ****sucker

Comment

Don Lemon dropped knowledge alright, as in he doesnt have none.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
        Bill said blacks gravitate towards the street culture, drugs, hustling, gangs, and that nobody forces them to do that, all I'm saying is...it ain't that cut and dry especially with the way gangs operate. Good for you, I was born in the dirty Bronx, growing up and connecting with the people I have; mostly through the school system, I've seen plenty who came from broken families and in some cases foster homes...guess what though, not all of them black. Don't see the need to generalize.

This should have been over with the 2nd post really.
        Again, I don't quite understand where Lemon is generalizing. Do you not think there's a bigger problem in the black community?

I'm fully aware of what growing up without parents and in a bad area can do to you. I grew without a mother and father, grew up in one of the worst areas in LA that was drug and gang infested.

I made plenty of mistakes but I decided to not follow the path of my cousins and friends. Of course boxing had a lot to do with that, and because I did it I don't expect everyone to do it but we have to stop using excuses for everything we see wrong and we need to identify the issue, and do something to change it.

It's the right thing to do to diagnose the problem, but sooner or later we need to fix it. When someone speaks on that, if they aren't white they are seen as a racist and if they are black like Don Lemon, they are called an Uncle Tom. Very sad....

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
          Again, I don't quite understand where Lemon is generalizing. Do you not think there's a bigger problem in the black community?

I'm fully aware of what growing up without parents and in a bad area can do to you. I grew without a mother and father, grew up in one of the worst areas in LA that was drug and gang infested.

I made plenty of mistakes but I decided to not follow the path of my cousins and friends. Of course boxing had a lot to do with that, and because I did it I don't expect everyone to do it but we have to stop using excuses for everything we see wrong and we need to identify the issue, and do something to change it.

It's the right thing to do to diagnose the problem, but sooner or later we need to fix it. When someone speaks on that, if they aren't white they are seen as a racist and if they are black like Don Lemon, they are called an Uncle Tom. Very sad....
          Bill did, and Don expressed that he couldn't agree more, cosigning the stupidity. Drugs, hustling, gang activity...those demons don't only operate within the black community. You already put yourself in the wrong when you opt to demonize a specific group.

Comment

Bill did, and Don expressed that he couldn't agree more, cosigning the stupidity. Drugs, hustling, gang activity...those demons don't only operate within the black community. You already put yourself in the wrong when you opt to demonize a specific group.
            You want me to post statistics about what is happening in the black community?

Crime is higher

Murder is higher

Drug use is higher

Drop out rates are higher

Babies out of wedlock is at almost 70%

black on black crime is the highest among any groups

Incarceration is higher

So these things are just made up? Or they should be ignored because other groups have the same problems just not nearly at the same level?

Either you are in denial, or you are just ignorant to the facts.

Comment

You want me to post statistics about what is happening in the black community?

Crime is higher

Murder is higher

Drug use is higher

Drop out rates are higher

Babies out of wedlock is at almost 70%

black on black crime is the highest among any groups

Incarceration is higher

So these things are just made up? Or they should be ignored because other groups have the same problems just not nearly at the same level?

Either you are in denial, or you are just ignorant to the facts.

Nope.........

Comment

Nope.........
                Of course you don't. See you are not a help to the problem, you only add to it. I say the same about young Latinos as well, even though it's no where near the level it is among blacks.

Lemon spoke the truth and people can't hear the truth.

Comment

Of course you don't. See you are not a help to the problem, you only add to it. I say the same about young Latinos as well, even though it's no where near the level it is among blacks.

Lemon spoke the truth and people can't hear the truth.
                  Why don't you post some stats on child molestation in the Latino community. Or welfare. Gee, I wonder why you don't post that?

Comment

If you didn't know its an unspoken rule amongst us blacks to discuss black problems with other races. That is seen as "cooning" , even though I don't agree but I can understand. Hence, why he will be labeled as a "Uncle Tom".

As for his 5 reasons, most of them I agree with but at the same time those reasons are not the most dramatic changing issues at hand. Stopping people from sagging won't change a god damn thing. I could understand if he would titled that reason as "have respect"(ie, no cussing in front of adolescents, treat elders with respect, etc) instead of that overtired prison story.

I live in Flint and yes, unfortunately it ranked as the 2013 number one violent city in America. Yes, majority of the murders and crimes are initiated by us blacks in this majority black populated city.

What causes this is the ego of the black male created by the street culture. Role Models aren't family members anymore but the dudes on the block with the most money,hoes, and violent rep.

Creation of an ego
                    Older homie "I know you aint gonna let that ngga whoop yo ass like that?"
                    "Shit, I got them thangs on me now, I seen them dudes up the street"
                    Young Hoes "I only fuck with real nggas with money"

Hip hop doesn't help either. Imagine voices in your head constantly telling you to do violence during all moods(happy,sad, depressed, etc). Those that are schizophrenic can't stop it so they eventually cave in and do it. Now look at the lyrics of typical street songs being played and imagine it being played from sunset to sundown. Hell, I seen it back in my club days when those Lil Jon fight songs were poppin and once that shit came on, dudes got the fighting then outside they ended up killing. keyword - REPETITION

Human beings are followers and it doesn't take a scientist to figure that out. If I pick up a Chinese born baby and toss his ass here in the crime infested streets 9 times out of 10 he will grow up assimilating into this street culture. With that being said, the odds are against the black baby when his elders are all into that culture. Sort of like telling the average white male back in the slave days that slavery was wrong when everybody and their granny were using them.

Unfortunately, it's past reasoning and scare tactics. You can only save a few using that tactic and those few are the self thinkers not the followers. To change the followers you must dominate them and change them. Imagine Harriet Tubman sitting down and reasoning with that slave that didn't want to leave cause he grew up as a slave thinking that was what life was all about and nothing will change. She pulled that gun out and his ass obeyed.

Fuck a reasoning and heartfelt warmed theories. Our black leaders have to "spare" a few to save a lot.

Comment

[QUOTE]
                      Originally posted by killacash View Post
                      If you didn't know its an unspoken rule amongst us blacks to discuss black problems with other races. That is seen as "cooning" , even though I don't agree but I can understand. Hence, why he will be labeled as a "Uncle Tom".
                      It's not exclusive to blacks, growing up where I did, you didn't talk to the police no matter what you saw. It still is wrong...

As for his 5 reasons, most of them I agree with but at the same time those reasons are not the most dramatic changing issues at hand. Stopping people from sagging won't change a god damn thing. I could understand if he would titled that reason as "have respect"(ie, no cussing in front of adolescents, treat elders with respect, etc) instead of that overtired prison story.
                      I disagree, I have always believed and still do that ETIQUETTE is one of the most important things we teach our children. Simply because it teaches RESPECT for fellow human beings.

One of the dumbest things I have ever heard from this generation is "RESPECT IS EARNED NOT GIVEN". You can't say a more idiotic statement than that. Basic human respect should be given to everyone, not just people you deem worthy. Not saggin your pants, speaking properly, eating properly, talking to people with kindness and respect can change not only the perception people have of you, but it also changes the perception you have of yourself.

I live in Flint and yes, unfortunately it ranked as the 2013 number one violent city in America. Yes, majority of the murders and crimes are initiated by us blacks in this majority black populated city.

What causes this is the ego of the black male created by the street culture. Role Models aren't family members anymore but the dudes on the block with the most money,hoes, and violent rep.

Creation of an ego
                      Older homie "I know you aint gonna let that ngga whoop yo ass like that?"
                      "Shit, I got them thangs on me now, I seen them dudes up the street"
                      Young Hoes "I only fuck with real nggas with money"
                      You think this ego is somehow "Black"? LOL it's a MALE thing and have you ever heard of MACHISMO? There's no more prideful people and egotistic people than Latin males, the difference is in the FAMILY. Latinos still carry family values where as that's been almost lost in the black community. FAMILY is what keeps people in line and respectful.

Hip hop doesn't help either. Imagine voices in your head constantly telling you to do violence during all moods(happy,sad, depressed, etc). Those that are schizophrenic can't stop it so they eventually cave in and do it. Now look at the lyrics of typical street songs being played and imagine it being played from sunset to sundown. Hell, I seen it back in my club days when those Lil Jon fight songs were poppin and once that shit came on, dudes got the fighting then outside they ended up killing. keyword - REPETITION
                      I agree, art imitates life but life also imitates art. We are influenced by what we see, hear, eat, dress etc...

Human beings are followers and it doesn't take a scientist to figure that out. If I pick up a Chinese born baby and toss his ass here in the crime infested streets 9 times out of 10 he will grow up assimilating into this street culture. With that being said, the odds are against the black baby when his elders are all into that culture. Sort of like telling the average white male back in the slave days that slavery was wrong when everybody and their granny were using them.
                      I agree, we are a product of our environment.

Unfortunately, it's past reasoning and scare tactics. You can only save a few using that tactic and those few are the self thinkers not the followers. To change the followers you must dominate them and change them. Imagine Harriet Tubman sitting down and reasoning with that slave that didn't want to leave cause he grew up as a slave thinking that was what life was all about and nothing will change. She pulled that gun out and his ass obeyed.

Fuck a reasoning and heartfelt warmed theories. Our black leaders have to "spare" a few to save a lot.
                      There has to be a change and it needs to start with a mentality. A mentality that comes from the most influential people within the black community, artists, athletes, leaders, politicians etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X