Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roberto Duran>>>>>>Benny Leonard, Willie Pep, Ray Leonard? Do You Agree?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by r.burgundy View Post
    leonard should be ahead of duran via beating hearns and hagler and duran himself twice

Exactly what I am saying.

TS never said anything about lightweight. He basically said in general, Duran is better than these guys. Which I find odd because Leonard beat the dude 2x.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
      I love Duran and I rate him highly. But how can you justify putting him ahead of Armstrong, Greb, Langford and others?
      I like many others rate Duran as the greatest lightweight of all-time ahead of Armstrong.He then goes up to welterweight and beats one of the greatest welterweights of all-time.Duran goes up and beats SRL, who many including myself rate in the top 5 pfp fighters of all-time.Heck,even a past prime Duran goes up to middleweight and gives one of the great middleweights(Hagler)a close fight.If Duran had wanted to he would have won the "junior" welterweight world championship to go along with his lightweight,welterweight,jr middleweight,and middleweight world championships.How many would that be? 5 different weight classes!

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
        No.

But this isn't NSB so I rather see a good reason as to why a guy who quit, then got beat in the rubber match. Is better than the guy who beat him?

I don't care if it was at middleweight, welterweight, whatever. Duran moved up so its on him. Like I said, this isn't NSB so i don't want to hear no dumbass excuses for it.
        Missed this did you?

Originally posted by Snopkins View Post
        I agree.
        Most regular posters here know that I'm not a fan of Roerto Duran.

but in response to your question,most people rate a fighter on his entire career rather than just one fight or two.

Zahir Raheem utterly outclassed Erik Morales.Does this mean Raheem is better than Morales? I'll answer that for you....No! It doesn't.

You won't find may who rate Riddick bowe higher than Evander Holyfield,and yet he beat Holyfield twice decisively.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
          Exactly what I am saying.

TS never said anything about lightweight. He basically said in general, Duran is better than these guys. Which I find odd because Leonard beat the dude 2x.
          Yes but don't you think that had to do more with the size difference than the skills of the fighters.For example Trinidad beat Whitaker but I'm sure nobody here would claim Trinidad is better than Whitaker.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingbuff View Post
            I like many others rate Duran as the greatest lightweight of all-time ahead of Armstrong.He then goes up to welterweight and beats one of the greatest welterweights of all-time.Duran goes up and beats SRL, who many including myself rate in the top 5 pfp fighters of all-time.Heck,even a past prime Duran goes up to middleweight and gives one of the great middleweights(Hagler)a close fight.If Duran had wanted to he would have won the "junior" welterweight world championship to go along with his lightweight,welterweight,jr middleweight,and middleweight world championships.How many would that be? 5 different weight classes!
            While I don't agree with you, ratings are subjective. Who you actually beat is not though. The fighters I mentioned beat more top fighters during their era's in my opinion. Robby, Greb, Langford, Armstrong, Charles, B. Leonard, Ray Leonard, Walker and a few others certainly did. You also have to factor in how much some of these "titles" meant. Im not trying to put Duran down, the man was great and one of my all time favorites, but winning an alphabet title is the equivelent of beating a top 5 contender in many era's. Its just not the same as being the one and only champ. Undisputed. Take Armstrong for example. How can you rank Duran ahead of a man who fought great competition and was the ONLY champion in 3 of 8 recognized divisions? That makes no sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepSleep View Post
              Yes but don't you think that had to do more with the size difference than the skills of the fighters.For example Trinidad beat Whitaker but I'm sure nobody here would claim Trinidad is better than Whitaker.
              Exactly,DURAN is the one who went up in weight to fight SRL.And gave him an old time azz kicking.

DURAN IS THE ONE WHO WENT UP IN WEIGHT.

Comment

definately greater than ray, arguably greater than benny, definately not as great as pep

Comment

Originally posted by geribeetus View Post
                  definately greater than ray, arguably greater than benny, definately not as great as pep

Ray Robinson?

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

Ray Robinson?
                    ray leonard

Comment

Originally posted by geribeetus View Post
                      ray leonard
                      Phew!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X