My thoughts on David Price

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
    I've never been a fan of Price.

The only discussions about British boxers on here is about Tyson Fury and that's about it... Both Price & Fury never looked great but I thought Price was the better of the average two.

Wrong about what? Who was the guy who posted Fury dropping Price in the amateurs and Price getting rocked in his debut?

I knew all along Price had a suspect chin but did not expect Thompson to be the one to check it.
    Beep beep beep Demise is reversing...

You were bigging him up not five minutes ago. Talking about his bronze medal and how he is steaming rolling through all the competition. Now he's a big stiff idiot with a glass chin.

Comment

Originally posted by Fury View Post

You were bigging him up not five minutes ago. Talking about his bronze medal and how he is steaming rolling through all the competition. Now he's a big stiff idiot with a glass chin.
      You only serve to make yourself look stupid when you make assumptions.

Find me one post where I've bigged Price up... you can't. His bronze medal is a valid point as it shows some degree of boxing ability. The fact he is steam rolling through his competition isn't a good thing and I've said this.

He's not a big stiff idiot and I've always said he's had a suspect chin. Shit, you even bumped a 4 year old thread where I had commented on his chin.

I don't understand why you think I'm a Price fan because you've seen me comment on Fury and compare the two. That doesn't mean I'm a fan of either man, I love me British boxing and I have an opinion on all fighters.

Comment

I think you really want to be the only ones who saw Prices flaws when it just isnt true. Go back and actually read D_mize's, mine, Dan_cov, Taansend, Yoz etc post about Price, loads saw his chin, defense and lack of opposition as an issue. Not many thought Thompson had a chance and rightfully so, but this wasnt as bigger shock to our system as you are making out.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
          I think you really want to be the only ones who saw Prices flaws when it just isnt true. Go back and actually read D_mize's, mine, Dan_cov, Taansend, Yoz etc post about Price, loads saw his chin, defense and lack of opposition as an issue. Not many thought Thompson had a chance and rightfully so, but this wasnt as bigger shock to our system as you are making out.
          I think they have an inferiority complex, they're bumping up old threads and rejoicing in Price's defeat whilst the rest of us couldn't give a fuck.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
            No need to pick out quotes. They are there for you to see. Demise even defended Price's opponents if memory serves me right.

Comment

No need to pick out quotes. They are there for you to see. Demise even defended Price's opponents if memory serves me right.
              In the sense that the traditional route for a British fighter is, domestic > European > World? Then yes, in that regard I did. A certain someone did hold the British & Commonwealth belts but gave them up instead of fighting Price...

Comment

So you predicted Price would take him out in 7-9 but you put a winning bet on Thompson.......

Comment

I think they have an inferiority complex, they're bumping up old threads and rejoicing in Price's defeat whilst the rest of us couldn't give a fuck.

Roberts & Hickey better evacuate this forum when Fury inevitably gets sparked by second rate competition.

Comment

Originally posted by The Theory View Post
                    So you predicted Price would take him out in 7-9 but you put a winning bet on Thompson.......
                    Just like when Khan fought Garcia, I thought Khan would win on points but made some back on Garcia by KO, which I think was 8/1 odds. Price has a suspect chin like Khan and when the going is good, their opponent's odds are too good to ignore.

Comment

Tbf I do that all the time & did the exact same bet. I had Haye & Khan by K.O/TKO TD or DQ straddled with Garcia by K.O/TKO TD or DQ
                      I didn't actually think it would come through and thought Khan would stop him.

Not sure why I even put it on, I don't think I even felt he really had a punchers chance at the time tbh

Comment

Working...
                      X