Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the Mex vs PR rivalry good for boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My favorite Rican posters are PRPPunches and AnimalisticMeth

Comment

Originally posted by liraj View Post
      Fuk off troll. Your opinion don't mean shyt anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
        Tony was on his way to winning the second fight.

Yea I was fukin PIST when they stopped the fight, especially right after the most exciting round of the whole fight!!! Cotto would have probly cruized his way to a victory anyway but this was a 65$ PPV, fans didn't buy the PPV for a BS stoppage. If HBO, the doctors, and the New York commision were so concerned about Margaritos eye before the fight then they shouldn't of had the fight in the first place. It's not like his eye looked as bad as the fighters below

Last edited by UTEP; 11-30-2012, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Yea I was fukin PIST when they stopped the fight, especially right after the most exciting round of the whole fight!!! Cotto would have probly cruized his way to a victory anyway but this was a 65$ PPV, fans didn't buy the PPV for a BS stoppage. If HBO, the doctors, and the New York commision were so concerned about Margaritos eye before the fight then they shouldn't of had the fight in the first place. It's not like his eye looked as bad as the fighters below
          Exactly, and where was that "doctor" in the Pacquiao fight where the eye was damaged in the first place?

Comment

The rivalry is great. Too much pride from both sides only makes it that much better. Neither side wants to lose to the other but have respect for them wether they want to admit it or not.

I've been lucky enough to experience a few weigh ins and there is nothing like it when PR-Mexico collide. The atmosphere gets picked up big time when both countries are involved in a big title fight. I even went to Pacquiao-Cotto and no disrespect to Filipino fans, i just felt like they were missing something. Canelo vs Cotto has to be made in Vegas! It just has to!

Comment

Originally posted by boricuajr23 View Post
              The rivalry is great. Too much pride from both sides only makes it that much better. Neither side wants to lose to the other but have respect for them wether they want to admit it or not.

I've been lucky enough to experience a few weigh ins and there is nothing like it when PR-Mexico collide. The atmosphere gets picked up big time when both countries are involved in a big title fight. I even went to Pacquiao-Cotto and no disrespect to Filipino fans, i just felt like they were missing something. Canelo vs Cotto has to be made in Vegas! It just has to!

Damn you been to some good boxing events. Cotto vs Canelo will be the biggest boxing event since De la Hoya/Mayweather. nobody cares about manny vs mayweather anymore. Cotto has to win tonight so the fight of the decade gets made!

edit: I guess we could forget about that
              Last edited by UTEP; 12-02-2012, 12:12 AM.

Comment

Damn you been to some good boxing events. Cotto vs Canelo will be the biggest boxing event since De la Hoya/Mayweather. nobody cares about manny vs mayweather anymore. Cotto has to win tonight so the fight of the decade gets made!

edit: I guess we could forget about that
                LOL...well maybe it can still get made. Cotto looked unconfortable in the ring. Seemed to be reaching more. I'm sure he has one last good fight left in him.

Comment

Originally posted by boricuajr23 View Post
                  LOL...well maybe it can still get made. Cotto looked unconfortable in the ring. Seemed to be reaching more. I'm sure he has one last good fight left in him.

If it's on an undercard of a big PPV then yea, but I wouldn't pay $70 (HD) for a Cotto/Canelo headliner PPV.

Comment

If it's on an undercard of a big PPV then yea, but I wouldn't pay $70 (HD) for a Cotto/Canelo headliner PPV.
                    Most likely it would, cause both can sell events by themselves, unlike Mayweather lol

I want Angulo vs Cotto, Canelo destroys Cotto with power punches n great timing, either way i want my Meskins to retire him lol, Cotto was a bad ass always took the big challenges

Comment

if you dont like cotto your an idiot plain and simple.

Comment

Working...
                      X