Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it Wilder hate or do people actually think Povetkin has a chance?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigAlexSand View Post
    Why do people continue to say Wilder is going to duck this guy. Povetkin is his Madatory, I don't believe the WBC will allow a 4th Voluntary and people are quick to forget Povetkin passed on the last fight to get in with Wach. I don't see Wilder giving up the belt, but unfortunately I can see a Martin/Wilder fight: in order to set up a unification of all four major titles in a Wilder/Fury(orKlitchko).
    LOL.... You explain it pretty well in your very own post.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
      I think the size difference is just to much and I dont see povetkin having Holyfield or Tyson like head movement to get in on the inside. I dont doubt Povetkins skill, but I think his size would suit him better at cruiser weight.
      Don't duck my last post lol..

Comment

What...?

Povetkin is by far the superior boxer. This is some next level delusion, especially after Wilder had so much trouble with Szpilka, a much lesser opponent who Povetkin would've demolished.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
          Are you trolling here? Because given your post history you come off as a knowledgable poster, and a knowledgable poster knows that Povetkin is the better fighter on paper, and the more proven fighter, even if he is getting older.

Also, as a fellow veteran assuming you are/were in the USMC, I hope you aren't being like New England here and over hyping Wilder because he is from the USA, because that's one of the worst kinds of fans imo. Nothing wrong with backing your guy if you can be objective about it, but if you are one of those guys who comes to diss Fury because he is not from the USA even though he is an infinitely better fighter, then you are part of the problem more than part of the solution.

I have to ask, because everytime someone posts bomb squad with a flag, they are making it into something it doesn't need to be, and as a fellow American and vet, people like that embarass me and are toxic to the sport.

That said, who hates Wilder and why would he garner hate? He has to succeed at a high level first, and he hasn't really done that yet, there isn't much to hate on him for.

Wilder is an exciting fighter, I like watching him fight, and part of that is because he is so flawed, that his fights become unnecessarily exciting.

Where you entirely lose me though, is when you say something childish like "do people actually think Povetkin has a chance". For one, in boxing, everyone has a chance, it's called a punchers chance. If you laced em up in the Marines you would know that early on. Two, as I said earlier and as is common knowledge, Povetkin is the better fighter on paper and the more proven fighter. Being a Wilder fan, an unbiased fan, shouldn't deter you from acknowledging that.

I am a huge Yaegashi fan, as you can tell by my sig, but I can also tell you all the ways Gonzalez is a better fighter.

I am a huge Verdejo fan, but he is an unproven prospect.

I love Floyd to death, my favorite fighter since DLH, but you will never see me or hear me put him in the top 10 all time.

It's called being objective, fair, sensical, and a true fan of the sport. So for the sake of the reputation of all "boxing fans" in the USMC, I hope you can admit to trolling, or we will know I was wrong about you from the get go, and we can treat your point of views as the skewed ridiculous prespectives they seem to be.
          honestly man, I am trolling a bit with the whole #bombzquad (because Im not on twitter) but I dont think theres room in the HW division for someone 6'2". In this day and age the HW's are huge and I dont see Povetkin with the type of ability needed to beat guys as big as Fury and Wilder. I honestly think itd take someone really special under 6'5" beating either guy. Now I do back Wilder because he is American (im not going to lie) but honestly I cant see anyone beating Fury but Wilder and vice versa. I just firmly believe a good big man always beats a good small man.

Comment

Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
            Povetkin has been doing his thing for years, if anything, if you don't give Povetkin a chance to beat Wilder, you're being disrespectful. He should be the clear favorite, but will Wilder actually fight him? Or are posts like these a precursor to the ducking because "Wilder beats him anyway."?
            Disrespectful is the right word here.

You're talking about the second best HW resume out there after Klitschko and an Olympic Gold medalist with an impressive win streak.

Very important to point out that Povetkin is a much improved fighter much like Wilder has also improved. If Wilder beats Povetkin he will prove himself the real deal.

Anyone who has this fight more than 60/40 for either fighter is lost in the sauce.

Comment

I like Wilder and I can tell you Povetkin wins by KO. The only reason Wlad beat him is because Pabon allowed Wlad to lean on and hold Povetkin whenever he closed the distance. Wilder doesn't hold he covers up. This will be his downfall.

Comment

Originally posted by khal-d View Post
                Disrespectful is the right word here.

You're talking about the second best HW resume out there after Klitschko and an Olympic Gold medalist with an impressive win streak.

Very important to point out that Povetkin is a much improved fighter much like Wilder has also improved. If Wilder beats Povetkin he will prove himself the real deal.

Anyone who has this fight more than 60/40 for either fighter is lost in the sauce.
                Well said. Povetkin's improvement has come from a higher foundation. If Wilder were to beat him, it's a huge statement. I don't see it happening though.

Comment

Most of it is just Wilder and Haymon hate. Those are the people who will disappear as soon as the fight is over and Wilder KOs him.

Then there's some people who sincerely think Povetkin will win. Povetkin will in all likelihood be the underdog and will be fighting outside Europe for the first time ever. So interesting to see if those people put their money where their mouth is..

Comment

Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
                    Povetkin has been doing his thing for years, if anything, if you don't give Povetkin a chance to beat Wilder, you're being disrespectful. He should be the clear favorite, but will Wilder actually fight him? Or are posts like these a precursor to the ducking because "Wilder beats him anyway."?
                    But he's not the "clear favorite" with the oddsmakers. The odds you can find have Wilder at -250

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                      honestly man, I am trolling a bit with the whole #bombzquad (because Im not on twitter) but I dont think theres room in the HW division for someone 6'2". In this day and age the HW's are huge and I dont see Povetkin with the type of ability needed to beat guys as big as Fury and Wilder. I honestly think itd take someone really special under 6'5" beating either guy. Now I do back Wilder because he is American (im not going to lie) but honestly I cant see anyone beating Fury but Wilder and vice versa. I just firmly believe a good big man always beats a good small man.
                      Fair enough, lol.

I disagree about Wilder beating Fury, I just don't see it. Talent wise, Fury then Ortiz are the 1-2 right now for me. Wilder is a fun fighter to watch but I see him paying for all his flaws when he steps up.

Comment

Working...
                      X