• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phil Jackson Dropping some Great Basketball Knowledge Through Tweets

[IMG] [/IMG]

[IMG] [/IMG]

[IMG] [/IMG]

You Just Heard It From The Best

As a laker fan I love phil but he needs to shut up about the 3 point shot. Its like he's on a mission to change everyone's mind via the media but he has to accept that the NBA has changed.

Comment

"kobe's mamba snake is 8.5 inches, which is slightly below NBA average, but his veins are tremendous."

Comment

Originally posted by Too_Slick View Post
        As a laker fan I love phil but he needs to shut up about the 3 point shot. Its like he's on a mission to change everyone's mind via the media but he has to accept that the NBA has changed.
        It only changes if the warriors win 2 or more titles. The league is not going to allow fundamental basketball to go extinct. Hopefully they extend the 3 point line by 4 or 5 feet. That way games will be more competitive

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
          It only changes if the warriors win 2 or more titles. The league is not going to allow fundamental basketball to go extinct. Hopefully they extend the 3 point line by 4 or 5 feet. That way games will be more competitive
          The big man with post scoring abiltiy like Ewing, Kareem, Hakeem, Alonzo, is all but extinct...

Phil is correct about penetration being the main key as it leads to easy 2s, fouls, and opens up shooters on the outside.. But the 2 point shot basically dead..
          The NBA is simple math right now...
          Take 100 2pt 16 foot jumpers and hit at 44% and have 88 pts
          Take 100 3pt shots and only make 33% pct but you would have 99 pts..

Penetration and 3 point shots is the smartest move for the offense

Comment

the last 4 champions since Phil won a title have been primarily 3 point shooting teams, the change has already happened. I don't see how the triangle can compete with these high paced PnR 3 point shooting teams. Its just a more efficient way to play basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
              The big man with post scoring abiltiy like Ewing, Kareem, Hakeem, Alonzo, is all but extinct...

Phil is correct about penetration being the main key as it leads to easy 2s, fouls, and opens up shooters on the outside.. But the 2 point shot basically dead..
              The NBA is simple math right now...
              Take 100 2pt 16 foot jumpers and hit at 44% and have 88 pts
              Take 100 3pt shots and only make 33% pct but you would have 99 pts..

Penetration and 3 point shots is the smartest move for the offense
              Still, you have to make the shots. The spurs would have capitalized on every mistake the warriors made.

I don't think fundamental basketball would ever die. I don't think the League would allow it just as I believe that the NFL won't allow complete pussification of football.

Comment

the last 4 champions since Phil won a title have been primarily 3 point shooting teams, the change has already happened. I don't see how the triangle can compete with these high paced PnR 3 point shooting teams. Its just a more efficient way to play basketball.
                Spurs could definitely compete. They are very likely to get Aldridge and if they get him, that dynasty continues

Comment

Spurs could definitely compete. They are very likely to get Aldridge and if they get him, that dynasty continues
                  The Spurs are a high paced Pnr 3 point shooting team.....They are not competing against the new age, they have embraced it.
                  Last edited by Too_Slick; 05-24-2015, 05:29 PM.

Comment

The Spurs are a high paced Pnr 3 point shooting team.....They are not competing against the new age, they have embraced it.
                    Not too mention that every team that has won the finals since 2011 has been primarily a three-point shooting team.

Comment

Working...
                    X