Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In hindsight, was May 3rd an event worth paying for?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dagomba View Post
    It was worth it. I usually pay to see FM win a rather easy fight anyway. This time there was drama and excitement all throughout the fight, it was a good night for boxing.
    Mayweather replaced Maidana's punchers gloves with gloves used ideally for sparring sessions, how's that for excitement?

Comment

Originally posted by Lapid View Post
      Mayweather replaced Maidana's punchers gloves with gloves used ideally for sparring sessions, how's that for excitement?
      8oz gloves ideally used for sparring... Shut the **** up

Have you ever sparred in your life?

Comment

yea...but not because of the undercard...that **** ****in sucked...same kind of action as you would see in those suck ass Top Rank undercards

the excitement of the main event made up for it

actually, watching Floyd get repeatedly punched in the vagina was worth every penny

Comment

Originally posted by Shambrolic View Post
          I'm upset about my April 12th purchase however.. It's making me think twice about the Martinez-Cotto fight.. although I may still buy it but.. I don't want to have two regrets this year.
          nice that u supported TR! its ok if u dont buy the cotto/martinez fight, u already did ur part by buying the pac fight hahahah!!!

Comment

In hindsight, no.
            Khan vs Collazo? Collazo has always been a bum, with his only good wins coming purely off bad style matchups vs Collazo's actual skill. Khan is a solid fighter with two losses due to reckless abandonment.
            Broner vs Molina? Molina is a scrub, and Broner was expected to own him.
            Mayweather vs Maidana? This stood out by surprise

Comment

Originally posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
              Interested to hear people's thoughts on this one.
              Without question. I have never regretted buing a PPV, I love the sport of boxing, period.

Comment

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
                I'm not so sure. Remember when Championship HW fights were $35.99? That was in the nineties, which wasn't that long ago. Now, we're up to $74.99! We shouldn't be asked to pay that much to see boxing.
                everything is higher now i miss those days!

Comment

Originally posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
                  Interested to hear people's thoughts on this one.
                  Nope and I didnt order it. I went to friends house. It was great seeing Floyd pushed to the brink but 70 dollars vs a heavy underdog isnt worth. It was Maidana's 2nd fight at 147 so Floyd was facing a huge underdog. If Floyd was fighting a bigger man or someone at a higher weight that would be worth paying that much money for.

Comment

Originally posted by tank17211 View Post
                    Nope and I didnt order it. I went to friends house. It was great seeing Floyd pushed to the brink but 70 dollars vs a heavy underdog isnt worth. It was Maidana's 2nd fight at 147 so Floyd was facing a huge underdog. If Floyd was fighting a bigger man or someone at a higher weight that would be worth paying that much money for.
                    It was actually Marcos' 6th fight at 147. I know honest mistake.

Comment

I was excited about this, but not enough to spend $75.

Comment

Working...
                      X