Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Ortiz beats Berto should we jump back on the bandwagon?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by withoutthee666 View Post
    I don't know. Some one point me in the direction of any advantages that Ortiz has in this fight? Ortiz has some nice qualities, but Berto is just a fighter man.
    Yes but you can say the level of opposition has been better for Ortiz because he's faced Maidana.

This will be the biggest test for Berto and I think people are seriously underestimating Ortiz to be honest.

Anything can happen with guys like this, one mistake and someone is asleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
      Yes but you can say the level of opposition has been better for Ortiz because he's faced Maidana.

This will be the biggest test for Berto and I think people are seriously underestimating Ortiz to be honest.

Anything can happen with guys like this, one mistake and someone is asleep.
      Both Collazo and Quintana are the same quality of fighter as Marcos Maidana. A limited, crude slugger that needs his heart to make up for his technique. I have no problem with Maidana, but that guy is not a boxer, he can just throw his hands. Similar to Pavlik in that sense, while everybody else was moving, they were punching.

Comment

ha

Originally posted by MrWestGrand View Post
        I support most of the talented American boxers regardless of wins or loses, and Vic has always been one of the guys I though could be a break out star. Some fighters have to take the road less traveled, but his resume is beginning to shape up nicely.
        Congrats to the new WBC welterweight champ Victor Ortiz, and Vic just proved what the will of an American fighter is made of.
        Last edited by Eastbay Giant; 04-16-2011, 11:24 PM.

Comment

I thought this would be a fun thread to revisit.

So I think Wazzaa may have been right, Ortiz looked like the weight was natural for him. He looked good at 147 (160!!!)

I'm not back on the bandwagon yet, but i think this maidana thing could work out for him, people will watch his fights knowing that A: he could knock a dude out or B: someone could make him quit again.

I think as long as he doesn't slip back into that boring "scared" fighter mode like he has been in his last 3 fights.... Ortiz could survive himself.

Comment

Working...
          X