No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sugar Ray Leonard: I Told Mayweather I Would Have Beat Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by thack View Post
    Points win SRL slightly naturally bigger just as fast and elusive harder hitter and same chin.
    17lb naturally bigger thack...that's quite a difference right there...and the reason why Floyd was competitive with his opponents at welterweight is because they all travelled up in weight with him...it's completely different moving up that amount of weight and facing a natural welterweight not to mention a sugar ray Leonard .....Leonard breaks him down by the 10th or 11th round

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve plunger View Post
      Do you want me to real off all the journeymen Floyd went the distance with ? Do you also want me to write down all the fighters that floyd has gone the distance since he was a welterweight ...every f@ckin one besides a sucker punch to Ortiz.....lets talk journeymen shall we then ....Floyd went the distance with tony pep and gustavo cuello so what's your point ? Lol.....most fighters when there progressing in there career will go the distance so it just go's to show how out of touch you are.....according to you floyds most in prime fight as a welterweight was his split decision against a 34 year old Oscar de la Hoya who had by that time lost 4 times and his fight before last was knocked out by Bernard Hopkins ...and your saying that's floyds mayweathers at his prime....a split decision win against a faded 34 year old....u should be barred from this site for moronic comments lol
      not one time has anyone brought up Mayweathers power.....you keep bring up Leonards so if he was such a good and hard puncher, why couldnt he ko former lightweights and journeymen but you think he will ko a prime mayweather.....that defies logic and makes no sense

You can reel off whatever you want....mayweather started at 130 and he and Leonard had different strengths and weaknesses. He depended on his skills not power.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fangedgrowl View Post
        Look Margarito was bigger and better than Maidana and Castillo. I think he could have outhustled Mayweather, but Mayweather gets alot of benefits from the Judges for Being defensive. However 99 percent of other fighters get outhustled go figure.
        Yeah, Margo and P WILL were the bad asses at 147 back in 2006/7/8/9, they were challenges a lot tougher than Fatton, Baldomir or Judah.

Floyd, Cotto wanted no part of those 2 warriors, they were ducked until they started to show some weaknesses and being a little shot after being involved in many wars.

Comment

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
          not one time has anyone brought up Mayweathers power.....you keep bring up Leonards so if he was such a good and hard puncher, why couldnt he ko former lightweights and journeymen but you think he will ko a prime mayweather.....that defies logic and makes no sense

You can reel off whatever you want....mayweather started at 130 and he and Leonard had different strengths and weaknesses. He depended on his skills not power.
          And so did Leonard and that's why he defeated Duran,hearns,Benitez and he defeated them all with different style ....so that's skill...forget about mayweather at welterweight as he would have little chance of beating Leonard ....you need more than a shoulder roll defence to beat a sugar ray Leonard ..especially when your naturally lighter by 3 weight divisions .KO ing Floyd is a bit different to breaking him down and stopping floyd...which I think is what will happen...and secondly you keep trying to mention about because he never koed lightweights and journeymen now that shows just what a dimwit you are ...your learning your craft as your building your career...your matched with tough journey men and your watched with weak journeymen...chuck wepner was tough as nails and never got stopped hardly in his career except for cuts so what does that prove..secondly the better fighter you take on the more intense the action is and quality punching there is....I'm saying Leonard breaks down Floyd because Floyd is 130lb and at welterweight after moving 3 weight divisions he has no power to keep Leonard off him...Leonard speed was equal or quicker , footwork just the same, 15 round stamina , Ko power and a great finisher ....plus longer reach and height...do the maths
          Last edited by The plunger man; 05-27-2016, 04:18 PM.

Comment

• Lets put an end to this.

Leonard beats any TOP WW of the past 20 years with ease.

So Floyd haters lets no get all happy, because I'm pretty sure he would beat your fav fighter with ease too.

Pacquiao
            Mayweather
            Trindad
            Cotto
            Mosley
            Margarito
            Bradley
            Hatton
            Marquez
            Whitaker

The same Leonard that fought Hagler at 160, would also have boxed circles around GGG too.

Comment

Wrong the first 6 rounds hearns was the stalker and the hunter so Leonard had to tread very carefully and try and draw Tommy in and he did that in the 6th round and then it changed the style of the fight where Leonard became the hunter and hearns became hunted....but hearns was still cracking those right hands in with savage power and Leonard absorbed them....I don't think you have any reality in your brain of just how good the Leonard's , hearns and Durans were compared to the fighters Floyd faced at welterweight ...it would be physically impossible for Floyd to have any kind of success even with Thomas hearns....he was huge at welterweight and had a reach of most heavyweights at 78inches he would have towered over him and those at right hand would have knocked mayweather into tomorrow , we see Floyd almost get dropped by an old Mosley, dropped by Judah, staggered and busted up by maidana and your trying to say Floyd mayweather could beat probably the 2 best welterweights of the last 60 years....Leonard and hearns would walk right through Floyd mayweather ...I shudder to think what Leonard or hearns would do to any challenger Floyd faced at welterweight and that includes pacquaio ...change your name to The Clueless Pugilist son
              very convincing points indeed.

Comment

• Leonard is more of a natural welter. You can tell in that pic he's a lot bigger than Floyd. He has the advantage but Floyd winning would not surprise me. Yeah he beat Sr. but Jr. is a much better fighter.

Comment

. You are right with this spoon. And of course leonard beats mayweather by TKO ...leonard was way to much for floyd to handle

Tyson's style of fighting was based on a young mans style.....he reached physical maturity at a very young age for a heavyweight , his sole aim on winning was based on explosiveness and to incapacitate his opponent as quickly as possible and that's all to do with his physical attributes at that weight....for instance his reach was the length of a marvin Hagler at middleweight 75 inches instead of an 82 reach , his height also was 5ft 11 max ! so mike Tyson reached his peak I would at 21 or 22 and most probably the night he beat Michael spinks....it's genetics of your body that decides when you are at your prime. for instance you take running most 100 metre runners are of powerful build and short...designed for explosiveness out the blocks and normally they are more youthful....however a marathon runner will reach maturity at a more mature age say 28 or 30 and they are of slim build for less stress on the joints over a long distance and more stamina and endurance.....so tyson reached his prime at 21 and then was at his utmost prime for another 2 years and then faded really quickly ...there was no way he could have kept his prime for more than 2 or 3 years due to his fighting style and build.....so doom spoon is right on this

You wouldn't have a clue, toilet-man.....

Comment

Ray leoanrd beats mayweather..u know it as well as I do shagger , leonard could do everything , box on the back foot ,make a counter puncher lead , go toe to toe with an animal and hold his own , he could KO yiu in the 1st or the 15th , handspeed as quick if not quicker and much quicker with his combination punching , gr8 body puncher and when he hurt he was ruthless...leonard was just a naturally bigger fighter with more fire power and just as much boxing abilty...floyd has a better defence but that's not enough to keep leonard off him....Sugar ray stops mayweather about the 10th or 11th round

Nah, that's just your fanboi rah-rah-rah bull****.

NOBODY knows how that fight would turn out because..... 1) it is extremely difficult to envisage exactly how their styles would mesh..... 2) Leonard's great intangibles..... 3) the ability of BOTH men to adapt

But your " opinion " is cute.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
                      2009: Margo gets KTFO by Mosley and gets exposed for cheating

2010: Floyd Mayweather beats Mosely 11-1.

Also, EVERYBODY said that Mayweather would duck Mosley, EVERYBODY said that Mayweather would duck Hatton, EVERYBODY said that Mayweather would duck Canelo, EVERYBODY said that Mayweather would duck Pacquiao.....

An intelligent man would smarten up after awhile, wouldn't he ?

And BTW, Margarito did not lose to Mosley, he lost to Paul Williams 2 years earlier.....

Comment

Working...
                      X