No announcement yet.

Here's why I RESPECT Cotto!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by James78 View Post
    Wow you put a smiley face, good argument, you really made a valid point there. I for one do not even know what all this "cotto stan, *******, *****" **** is all about. To me that whole thing is just an invention by geeks like you. You just automatically brand people as a fan of whoever based on a few comments. I personally just love boxing and love watching a good fight. By saying people just stick to one fighter or a group of fighters just plays into tnis whole "stan" thing which is just nonsensical as far as i can see. Are people not allowed to be loyal to a fighter that they like though? Is that what youre saying? If so thats just a bit weird.
    Sorry, i meant to reply to mr fantastic not j dempsey haha!

Comment

Clottey aint winnin a thing ever again.

Comment

I repsect Cotto, he has a pretty solid resume, and will get in the HOF one day for sure. I don't see him beating Mayweather. That doesn't mean this isn't a good fight or anything, because it is, but I don't see how he beats Floyd.

Comment

He's fought good competition consistently, particularly at 147 where he fought the best fighters one after the other, won titles from 140-154, something like 18-2 in title fights, one loss avenged, the other was to the boxer of the decade. It's a sad indictment on the state of boxing and the type of fans the sport attracts today with all the people who love to hate on him and question his resume.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Pride View Post
            He's fought good competition consistently, particularly at 147 where he fought the best fighters one after the other, won titles from 140-154, something like 18-2 in title fights, one loss avenged, the other was to the boxer of the decade. It's a sad indictment on the state of boxing and the type of fans the sport attracts today with all the people who love to hate on him and question his resume.
            excellent post.. green k sent.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Pride View Post
              Well said, thats it in a nutshell, end of discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
                Clottey aint winnin a thing ever again.
                He doesnt even need to fight as in Pacs fight Arum paid him more under the table than he got for his purse , thats a fact !

Comment

with all those words.. when PAC beat him it all crumbles.

Comment

[QUOTE=Mr. Fantastic;12002315

I buy most of Cotto's fights and even went to NY to see him fight Margarito. READ this............I just don't fall for what his nuthuggers make him out to be.

[/QUOTE]

Whats that got to do with him being a product of hype? He fought his way to the top something most newcomers don't do anymore. He might not be the best but for the most part he does take on the better opposition.

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                      Yup. Cotto had the chance to take the easy win on the cards but fought on like a warrior and grinded out a close win (WHICH HE DESERVED!)
                      Haters will talk smack all the time due to the cut, Miguel fought like champ! He earened and deserved the win!

Comment

Working...
                      X