Comment

Originally posted by boxasmash View Post
      2 Champions Leagues

4 La Liga titles

2 player of the year

47 goals 2009/2010

All at 23 years of age

next?
      When did Messi win two UCL titles? He didn't even play in the 2006 final.

Comment

He still has 2 more world cups in him, dudes still young

Comment

Originally posted by Flawless* View Post
          When did Messi win two UCL titles? He didn't even play in the 2006 final.
          He played in the tournament that year.

Comment

He played in the tournament that year.
            Yea and what

He wasn't that good in 2006 and didn't play in the final. He was given the title just because he played in the tournament. Wasn't influential as people think he was

Comment

No, not at all...
              Maradona didn't put him in his position.
              2 Champions Leagues

4 La Liga titles

2 player of the year

47 goals 2009/2010

All at 23 years of age

next?

Before you troll my thread to death let me explain my point so you can understand what this thread is about....

People talk about Messi as if he is one of the greatest players ever, Im not saying he isnt a world class player but one of the best ever? Im sorry but he isnt. Ok so he has a great record for Barca but any top class striker would score 20-30 goals a season for them. Frank Lampard scored 27 goals last season from MIDFIELD but where is the props for him? Messi does great for Barca but he does NOTHING for Argentina. What is it ONE penalty he has scored in 21 games? That's shocking.

And I dont buy the excuse that "Maradona doesnt play him in his best position" because he is the best player in the team and Maradona loves him and vice versa. Of course he will play him in his best position but Messi always comes deep and ends up out of position. That's his own fault, You can't blame that on Maradona. Messi just hasnt cut it at International football and you need to if you are going to be considered "One of the greatest players of all time".

He might be the best player in the world but he is still overrated.
              Last edited by JK1700; 07-03-2010, 11:25 AM.

Comment

I think he is to a minor extent.

Ronaldo does far more with far less.

That's not to detract away from him. Some players just thrive on the international stage and some in the club stage

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post

That's not to detract away from him. Some players just thrive on the international stage and some in the club stage
                  Your avatar is epic.

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post

But that's my problem, People talk about him as one of the greatest players ever but he has never done it on the international stage. That's not taking anything away from him but all of truly great players had excellent international careers. Players like Zidane and Ronaldo had amazing international careers, Messi has not.

Comment

I love how Boxing fans do the same to all athletes as they do to fighters, they just see a bad performance and thats it he's over-rated. Useless all along haha this is ridiculous. In 5 years we'll be talking about how he's the greatest ever, just give it time

Comment

Working...
                      X