No announcement yet.

Fighting on the inside.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fighting on the inside.

What do I need to do to be good at fighting on the inside?

You need to be able to generate your power from your hips as your so close to the target , and a tight guard is a must and you need to practise stepping off to open up shots

Comment

I have argued that fighting inside is harder than learning to fight from the outside. The reason I say that is because most really good outside fighters are that way because of speed and natural ability.

To fight on the inside is hard because things are much faster, quicker and defense is tougher because your always susceptible to being hit that close.

It takes years to really become a good inside fighter. Head movement, catching shots with your gloves and always being in position to counter.

Comment

You need to find a trainer who can instruct you how to! Just learning your weight shifting alone needs to be instructed inperson not on the net! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
          You need to find a trainer who can instruct you how to! Just learning your weight shifting alone needs to be instructed inperson not on the net! Ray.
          You couldn't be more right, but some think differently.....

Comment

On this site everything can be taught on line!!! Boxing is so easy that theres guys sparring after 3 weeks in a gym!!! In my gym you had alot to learn before you got in my ring and you had to earn the right to also!
            I guess it looks easy when you watch the Klitz.bros. box, it looks like anyone could do it!! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
              On this site everything can be taught on line!!! Boxing is so easy that theres guys sparring after 3 weeks in a gym!!! In my gym you had alot to learn before you got in my ring and you had to earn the right to also!
              I guess it looks easy when you watch the Klitz.bros. box, it looks like anyone could do it!! Ray.
              It's because there's a lot of internet "boxing coaches" who are just after making a buck. You're right, I spent time in the gym at age 11 just "stepping" for two months. I didn't throw a punch until way later, until all my bad habits were erased from my mind and I do the same with many of my fighters.

I take them as far as they can grasp but I stress the fundamentals over and over and it's not popular anymore. Everyone wants to be fancy, do the cool stuff and have forgotten how to actually TEACH boxing.

Comment

Working...
              X