Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What exactly does Reem bring to the fight that Hunt wouldn't?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What exactly does Reem bring to the fight that Hunt wouldn't?

Just a question, other than earning his title shot by beating Brock, what does Reem do different than Hunt? Besides get KOed more often? Both are K-1 GP champs, both have powerful punches and kicks. Why does everyone think that Hunt would be brutally Koed but Reem has a chance?

body fat?

Comment

Originally posted by ƒallenloki View Post
      body fat?

Definitely....

Comment

Ground n Pound.
        Size (height + mass).
        Does Reem have a bigger reach?

For the most part they would fight JDS the same. But if they went to the ground, Reem would have a bigger advantage than Hunt would.

Comment

Are we Joking or what?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingtech718v2 View Post
            Are we Joking or what?
            Answer the question. What do they do differently? The only thing I can figure is Reem's ground game is better, and Hunt's chin is better....

Comment

Size, strength, reach, grappling credentials, MMA credentials/record, bigger draw, Strikeforce HW champ, better marketability, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Big BRICKS View Post
                Size, strength, reach, grappling credentials, MMA credentials/record, bigger draw, Strikeforce HW champ, better marketability, etc.
                BAM. Thread over.

Comment

Originally posted by Big BRICKS View Post
                  Last 4 have nothing to do with the fight. Look I'm a fan of both guys but when people started bringing up Hunt as a replacement lots of hate came his way for no good reason. My question is what is Overeem going to do in this fight that Hunt wouldn't?

Comment

Overeem has a very dangerous standing Guillotine choke. He has probably the most powerful clinch knees in the game, both to the body and the head. He has excellent low kicks that he uses well when he's measuring his opponents. His body kicks are brutal as well. And despite his added size, he is still a very good grappler with good submission skills and top control.

Mark Hunt has NONE of that stuff I described above. He tries to keep the fight standing and uses decent, powerful boxing, with occasionally very sloppy moments.

I'm just wondering have you really compared their fighting styles from today? Overeem is so much better and well rounded it's crazy.

Comment

Working...
                    X