Collapse
No announcement yet.

me shadow boxing :)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lol why didnt anyone get that this is a troll thread and TS just found that vid on youtube?

Comment

• Keep at it. Don't worry about what everyone says, and if you're going to a gym, they'll help you out... All the best.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleLeftH00k
        Quote:

Originally Posted by .:: JSFD26 ::.

You should just go to a gym and get a trainer man. Not saying anything bad about these guys here but it's better to be taught in person.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

I can't afford a trainer and a gym lol
        I am actually just gonna try learn from you guys comments in here,
        I am currently 182 now compared to my 185 when I started this thread I'm gonna try go down to 160 lol and try amateurs for fun
        Ummm at this stage you don't pay for gym AND trainer. You just pay the gym monthly fee and the trainer takes care of you. It's less than 100 bucks a month.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleLeftH00k View Post

this is my latest vid of last week
          Please dont try this at work
          Hahah

I want to spar so bad
          Damn!! My homie double left putting in that work AT WORK! I like the fact that you used a target now and worked around it. My only suggestion would be to plant your feet better when throwing and moving as opposed to the free flow/slippery style on the video. You seem to like to move and be ellusive, watch videos of Pac and study his footwork. Once you get that down, work on speed combinations and you're good!

Comment

• Ok...as some had already stated, sort out your stance...you can't keep switching like that at your level, and try and plant your feet better, you are swaying too much on your heels. There are times when you duck down or back where basically a tap will knock you over...keep balanced. Also, actually imagine you are facing a real opponent - how tall are you? Because I'm noticing you keep ducking down and trying to punch up through the 'would-be' guard of the opponent...and try and keep your own guard up better. That's obviously a habit if you don't have a trained instinct for defense or don't have the muscle memory as of yet, but yeah always keep the hands up, I mean when you are throwing the punches which open yourself up, of course, such as the hooks.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleLeftH00k View Post
              I am right handed but got use to a left stance should I change or stick to what I'm used to?

Thanks for the tips
              If you want to fight with a strong jab and lead hook, as you've said, then you can put your strong arm forward... But if you want your bread and butter cross to be as strong as it could be you should fight with right arm back. If you are going to be right leg forward left back... Then still work on stance discipline from that. Don't try that switch foot **** yet.

I would say if you want to be hook dominant you need to work on the form of your hook. It's hard to explain online but every punch should start from your root.. Your lead foot and leg should torque with the punch.. And your basic hook should be backed up by the shoulder. Just keep structure in your arm and let your body do the rest. Torquing your front leg will help you line up your hips and shoulder behind the hook..that where the power comes from. And Rockin is right.... People are trying to knock your head off pretty quickly even in sparring. I'd say the most important thing outside form and technique would be if you have the mentality for it.

Comment

• I didn't go through this whole thread, but that first video was awful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Syf View Post
                  If you want to fight with a strong jab and lead hook, as you've said, then you can put your strong arm forward... But if you want your bread and butter cross to be as strong as it could be you should fight with right arm back. If you are going to be right leg forward left back... Then still work on stance discipline from that. Don't try that switch foot **** yet.

I would say if you want to be hook dominant you need to work on the form of your hook. It's hard to explain online but every punch should start from your root.. Your lead foot and leg should torque with the punch.. And your basic hook should be backed up by the shoulder. Just keep structure in your arm and let your body do the rest. Torquing your front leg will help you line up your hips and shoulder behind the hook..that where the power comes from. And Rockin is right.... People are trying to knock your head off pretty quickly even in sparring. I'd say the most important thing outside form and technique would be if you have the mentality for it.
                  Hey bro I did another vid but I posted it here
                  Can u please tell me if I did the hood right this time?
                  Tha.ks for the help guys

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...=622374&page=3

Comment

Working...
                  X