Comments Thread For: Cotto's Adviser Discusses Return, Top Rank, HBO, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DAN916 View Post
    I wonder if he will also be using Azira... some "help" couldnt harm at 154
    Speaking of which, what happened to Phil Landman, Cotto's old strength and conditioning coach? Is he still with Cotto or has he been out of the equation for a while? I can't recall ever seeing him in Cotto's corner for a while now.

Comment

Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
      Speaking of which, what happened to Phil Landman, Cotto's old strength and conditioning coach? Is he still with Cotto or has he been out of the equation for a while? I can't recall ever seeing him in Cotto's corner for a while now.
      He was there for the Floyd fight, I'm sure he was still there for Trout and is still part of the team today. He's the only one who's stayed that whole time I think.

Comment

The Cuban OG was the best trainer Cotto ever had. He taught him how to clinch spin fighters etc now he's using the TR house trainer who is the most overrated trainer in the history of boxing. Cotto back on Arums plantation smh. WtF is Roach going do for Cotto at this point? Uncle Bob says so that's why

Comment

My boy hires a new coach every year lol
          I've been longing for Cotto to revert to his aggressive style.. he knows he can box, he just needs to regain that killer instinct and I think Roach can help him do that in this fight. No argument from me, last "tune-up" Cotto took was Jennings is memory serves. He deserves a lighter opponent after back to back losses against top dogs.

Comment

Huge mistake for Cotto to hire Roach. I thought Pedro was perfect for him.

Comment

Don't know why everyones hating on Freddie Roach hiring. Cotto's already a highly skilled boxer, and Freddie can bring back that confidence and aggressiveness to close out fights like he used too.
              Also, Cotto's chin is underated he took bricks to the face from Margarito for god's sake without getting ko'd cold lol

Comment

Originally posted by JaYDeuce11 View Post
                Don't know why everyones hating on Freddie Roach hiring. Cotto's already a highly skilled boxer, and Freddie can bring back that confidence and aggressiveness to close out fights like he used too.
                Also, Cotto's chin is underated he took bricks to the face from Margarito for god's sake without getting ko'd cold lol
                He also took a knee

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
                  Do a big super event that day.

Miguel Cotto-Delvin Rodriguez
                  Guillermo Rigondeaux-Joseph Abegko - WBA,WBO, Ring Jr Featherweight titles
                  Rocky Martinez-Micky Garcia - WBO SuperFeatherweight title
                  Jayson Velez-Billy Dib - IBF Featherweight title
                  Felix Verdejo in a 6 rounder
                  This right here will be a great event!

Comment

Originally posted by JaYDeuce11 View Post
                    Lol that is pretty true when you look at it from that perspective. He was game as hell to take all them anvil punches. Obviously there is no solid proof but cmon son **** is pretty obvious. Anyways I agree with you on the Roach can bring out some of Cottos old killer instinct. Maybe that is why he hired him who knows.

Comment

Working...
                    X