No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Victor Ortiz: I Have The Opportunity To Become Great

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Victor Ortiz: I Have The Opportunity To Become Great

NEW YORK -- It was back in June of 2009 that a young southpaw named Victor ortiz of Oxnard, Calif., was being touted by Golden Boy Promotions as perhaps the next Oscar De La Hoya.

[Click Here To Read More]

My boy Victor chasing greatness. Gotta love it. Haters gonna hate soon.

Comment

I'm absoloutely shocked to see how many people are looking forward and willing to pay for this fight. I, for one, will not be paying for it. And, I'm asking all my Hispanic/Latino people not to buy this fight, either; no matter how enticed you may be to see Ortiz and/or Saul Alvarez fight (Saul will be on undercard). It may sound racist or intolerant or even prejudice, and for that I apologize (as that is not my intention); however, it's time for the promoters to stop taking advantage of our passion/pastime by trying to fool us into buying a fight by simply putting a Latino fighter on the card. Especially when one fighter is reported to be making about $40 million and the Hispanic fighter is reported to only be making about $2 million... I find it insulting and will not be contributing to that. Those of you who feel the same way, join me! Those of you who don't, don't.

Comment

This is your time victor.Go on and take it.

Comment

You have that Belt and your shiny ring to lose.

He says he won't give it up. That he will riegn for 15 years.

But he has nothing to lose?

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos Alberto View Post
            I'm absoloutely shocked to see how many people are looking forward and willing to pay for this fight. I, for one, will not be paying for it. And, I'm asking all my Hispanic/Latino people not to buy this fight, either; no matter how enticed you may be to see Ortiz and/or Saul Alvarez fight (Saul will be on undercard). It may sound racist or intolerant or even prejudice, and for that I apologize (as that is not my intention); however, it's time for the promoters to stop taking advantage of our passion/pastime by trying to fool us into buying a fight by simply putting a Latino fighter on the card. Especially when one fighter is reported to be making about $40 million and the Hispanic fighter is reported to only be making about $2 million... I find it insulting and will not be contributing to that. Those of you who feel the same way, join me! Those of you who don't, don't.
            No offense man but who cares how much either is getting paid, I mean it’s not like you or I are getting a cut.

That said, though I’m no fan of Floyd Boxing needs fights period and if Ortiz wants to step and go to bat then by all means I take my hat off to him he came off a good win against Berto…

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
              You have that Belt and your shiny ring to lose.

He says he won't give it up. That he will riegn for 15 years.

But he has nothing to lose?
              This is vics time.Your boy floyd going down.

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
                This is your time victor.Go on and take it.

Comment

sorry victor but your about to lose your WBC boxing championship belt. hope thats ok

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
                    This is vics time.Your boy floyd going down.
                    Show Vic this video right before the fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X